Sign in to follow this  
rchappelear

Hood Trim

And what is even more amazing, the fit sucks so bad on these that most people would gladly pay double or more for a quality part. Hopefully NPD is working on getting a manufacturer to improve these.

We also need the support that fits between the trim and the hood. I'm on my third trim piece, it is just poorly designed by the current vendors. The quality of the entire grille surround is lacking from the remanufacturers. And the lack of detailed instructions for these parts does not make sense.

I have no Idea what brand hood trim I have but it is aftermarket and it fits absolutely perfect with no gaps. I got it from Mustang1 in sapulpa, OK. You might look up their number and see what brand it is they are selling. It was about 2 1/2 yrs ago when I purchased it and I think it was like $20 something. Im sure it has gone up by now though. My other thin grille molding is from CJ's. Had to work with it a little bit but after some tweaking it fits fine too. My wide trim is all original so no problems there either. I had all original molding on the front but my hood had a big dent and my thin ones were very scratched up but still straight. I compared my new ones to my olds ones and the bends were pretty close. Maybe I just got lucky on all of my trim since so many other people have problems with it.

I have no Idea what brand hood trim I have but it is aftermarket and it fits absolutely perfect with no gaps. I got it from Mustang1 in sapulpa, OK. You might look up their number and see what brand it is they are selling. It was about 2 1/2 yrs ago when I purchased it and I think it was like $20 something. Im sure it has gone up by now though. My other thin grille molding is from CJ's. Had to work with it a little bit but after some tweaking it fits fine too. My wide trim is all original so no problems there either. I had all original molding on the front but my hood had a big dent and my thin ones were very scratched up but still straight. I compared my new ones to my olds ones and the bends were pretty close. Maybe I just got lucky on all of my trim since so many other people have problems with it.

Kris, you live in Oklahoma? Sapulpa is not too far from me and yet I've never been to this Mustang1 place. I'll have to check it out. You make the Mid-American Mustang Shelby Meet this past Summer?

Yep, I live in sand springs. I really wanted to go but I had to work since another guy was sick so I missed it. If you go down hwy 97 from sand springs to sapulpa it is on the first road to the left after you cross over the turn pike. Here is there web page incase anyone else wants it. Hope this helps someone. http://www.mustang1.com