tazjonez

69 Coyote Build

I see the car has electric windows. Have you changed over to 70 bolt in glass or have you modified the 69 window regulators? I'm looking at having electric windows in my 69 coupe but have been put off by having to change the glass over. $$$$.

Thanks, now we need to drive it so we can get the suspension dialed in. We spent 6 hours installing the stripes today.

Wow, 6 hours! I guess that's pretty close to the book time eh?

Bob

what rear bumper did you guys use? I wanted to do that flush look on mine as well!

The rear bumper is ours. Steve purchased one from Anvil for over 400.00 and we had 800.00 in labor making it fit. Since we spent that much time making it fit, I decided to just make a mold. Now we sell the rear bumper for 295.00.

The rear bumper is ours. Steve purchased one from Anvil for over 400.00 and we had 800.00 in labor making it fit. Since we spent that much time making it fit, I decided to just make a mold. Now we sell the rear bumper for 295.00.

What's the difference between your bumper and the snug bumper that Maier offers? Is it fiberglass or Carbon fiber?

What's the difference between your bumper and the snug bumper that Maier offers? Is it fiberglass or Carbon fiber?[/quote

The big difference is ours fit. You won't spend hundreds of dollars making ours fit like the competitors. Ours is fiberglass and bolts in the factory location. With theirs you have to drill holes all around the bumper.

I ended up having some issues as far as fitment for my rear wheels. There was a 9 inch rear end in the car when I purchased it but for some reason it was 2 inches shorter than what it should be. I think it was the length for a 65-66 Mustang. So when it came time for wheels and tires I needed a custom backspacing on rear wheels which made it very hard to find anything that would fit. So I ended up going with some foose wheels from West Coast Wheel Factory.

On the front end I have 18 x 8 wheel with a 245/40/18 tire with a 4.5 inch backspace and on the rear I have an 18 x 9 wheel with a 275/35/18 tire and a 4.5 inch backspace. The rear wheel backspace should be different because my rear end is shorter than what it should be for the 1969. Rich has also told me that I would've been better to go with a 275/40/18 tire on the rear as it would have helped to soak up bumps a lot easier with the taller sidewall.

Steve

We did install the driver side 4 point seat belt before I took it to the alignment shop. Can't say I like them because they don't retract. When I got strapped in, I couldn't lean forward enough to reach the ignition LOL. They will serve the purpose they were made for, But I think I'd rather have a 3 point.

We did install the driver side 4 point seat belt before I took it to the alignment shop. Can't say I like them because they don't retract. When I got strapped in, I couldn't lean forward enough to reach the ignition LOL. They will serve the purpose they were made for, But I think I'd rather have a 3 point.

the exact reason i went with a 3 point setup....:punk: