tazjonez

69 Coyote Build

I agree, I cannot thank everyone at mustangs to fear enough for building my dream car! They have so many parts available that you cannot get anywhere else and make your project stand out from the crowd. From the tucked in rear fiberglass bumper, their one piece headliners, customizable floor consoles, custom dash pieces that you can choose in 14 different color/textures, and the complete rear interior. Then there is the parts for the coyote motor including the long tube headers and exhaust, throttle pedal mounting plate, a drop in radiator, custom fuel tank for fuel injection and the list goes on and on!

I have never seen a paint job that matches up to what Rich does either! There is so much that you don't see such as putting sound deadening and box liner under the front fenders so that you won't get any dents from the underside if a rock flings up from your front tire. It's things like that that shows he goes the extra mile with everything he does!

I could go on and on. They are great, honest people which is getting harder and harder to find these days!

Mustangtofear can you inbox me your direct contact info as i am considering installing a coyote aluminator xs but my car is painted and finished now and would like to discuss if i can make this conversion work. I keep hearing the tunnel and firewall need major mods. Thanks

Mustangtofear can you inbox me your direct contact info as i am considering installing a coyote aluminator xs but my car is painted and finished now and would like to discuss if i can make this conversion work. I keep hearing the tunnel and firewall need major mods. Thanks

Done.

We decided to drive from northern Ontario, Canada to Florida over Christmas holidays and we stopped in to see my car on the way back to Rochester Indiana. It was nice to finally meet the rest of the Mustangs to Fear team, obviously I knew Rich, Michelle and Suzie from a previous trip but this time I got to meet Emma, Mark, Dan and Chris. I met a completely different team from when I went down in 2009. It was nice to see some young and enthusiastic people that takein such pride in their work. You can tell by speaking with them that they become attached to their projects they work on and want to ensure that the customer gets the most quality for each dollar that they spend.

They have a project car there that had been sent to 2 different shops previously. These underhanded shops had charged the customer more than $100,000 and it is still basically just a primed shell. It is unfortunate that there are still these unscrupulous business dealers out there that take advantage of people's dreams and bleed them dry of their hard-earned money.

I cannot speak enough of how happy I am with my project! Pictures just cannot do it justice until you see it in person. In person, the paint looks like a liquid black glass that looks a foot deep yet reflects like a mirror! The car looks basically stock on the outside but then the inside is clearly updated with custom gauges and interior, stereo and necessities such as air conditioning and a five speed transmission. The coyote motor sounds amazing!

It was so tempting to go for a ride but we could tell that they had salt all over the roads and I just didn't want to risk paint chips and corrosion. I'm going to have to wait till spring. It took an awful lot of willpower to say no!

I sincerely recommend Mustang to Fear and their products to anyone. You will not find more honest, conscientious people who stand by their products and workmanship.

Taz....I like what you had done to your stang, looks sharp!!

Are you or your car going to be at the MTF booth in charlotte for the 50th??.

Were flying down for a few days to hang out and eat BBQ!!.....TZ

I keep trying to zoom in on the Dyno run for another car with a stock Coyote and you can easily see that the second run produces 361.61 hp while mine is 366.25 hp with the Boss 302 intake. On stock Coyote all of first run you can see that it had 357.57 hp and I have watched the video several times trying to see the torque numbers on both runs. I think on the first run it shows that the stock car had 342 foot pounds of torque where my car with the Boss intake only has 324 foot pounds of torque.

I'm not sure if rich can call the operator of the dyno and ask him for the actual torque numbers to verify? But I paid $500 for the Boss intake kit from Sean Hyland Motorsports and the guy included the computer update in the price. It seems to have added close to 5 hp but has 18 foot-pounds less torque than the stock Coyote motor which is very disappointing. It's definitely way off what Ford racing claims.

Stock dyno run:

Boss dyno run: 366.25 hp, 324.11

The boss 302 intake will lose torque in favor of hp. That intake is designed to make power up top. Most guys with that intake are spinning all the way to 7500 IIRC. A better intake would be the relatively new ford racing cobra jet intake. Makes great power and doesn't lose as much torque as the boss 302. There's a lot if info over at svtperformance.com. However, even with the boss intake, most guys are getting close to 420 rwhp with all the supporting mods. Some are getting 400rwhp with the STOCK intake.