Sign in to follow this  
TF69

Use for parts or save?

I just purchased two parts cars to get misc parts for my 69 S-code. Ones a running Grande 69 and others a rolling 69 fastback that I planned to take date correct glass and roof for my other project.

After checking numbers on car it's a 69 Mach 1 351 4bbl(M-code). My question is would it be a waste to ruin this car for parts, paid almost nothing for both city was making him clean up property.

Edited by TF69

I just purchased two parts cars to get misc parts for my 69 S-code. Ones a running Grande 69 and others a rolling 69 fastback that I planned to take date correct glass and roof for my other project.

After checking numbers on car it's a 69 Mach 1 351 4bbl(M-code). My question is would it be a waste to ruin this car for parts, paid almost nothing for both city was making him clean up property.

Edited by TF69

I'm sure you may get a difference of opinions on this but my personal opinion is that any fastback (sports roof) or convertible for that matter is worth salvaging and making whole again. If you need parts, pleanty of repos can be obtained. They just require some additional work.

As for the grande, they are not always so popular and I would have no problems using it as a parts car.

I'm sure you may get a difference of opinions on this but my personal opinion is that any fastback (sports roof) or convertible for that matter is worth salvaging and making whole again. If you need parts, pleanty of repos can be obtained. They just require some additional work.

As for the grande, they are not always so popular and I would have no problems using it as a parts car.

If you have the space, save them. After you use the parts you need off the Mach 1 M code, and if you don't want it around put it up for sale. Even rusted shells bring some money.

Bob

If you have the space, save them. After you use the parts you need off the Mach 1 M code, and if you don't want it around put it up for sale. Even rusted shells bring some money.

Bob

I am a firm believer that every Mustang deserves a second (and sometimes, third or fourth) chance at getting back on the road. If I recall, Dynacorn is now producing roofs for the 69/70 fastback, so there is no real need to cut up a rolling chassis.

Chuck

I am a firm believer that every Mustang deserves a second (and sometimes, third or fourth) chance at getting back on the road. If I recall, Dynacorn is now producing roofs for the 69/70 fastback, so there is no real need to cut up a rolling chassis.

Chuck

I am looking for the drip rail channels that mount to the body and where the drip rail weatherstip glues in.

I dont guess you set this thread up to offer parts but.....

Depending on direction on go with car, if I decide to salvage roof skin for my car instead of saving it will keep you in mind. I may have an extra set of those channels if you are talking about the stainless one that goes from front door post to rear of quarter window on underside of roof rail basically.