Sign in to follow this  
fordbsg

How many Mach 1's

72,459 1969 Mach1 of 299,036 total mustangs

40,875 1970 Mach1 of 191522 total mustangs

So 113334 Mach1 of 490,588 total mustangs.

Per Marti's Mustang.... By The Numbers.

Nope, not too rare. Looks like around 20 - 25% of the total production.

Chuck

Problem was everyone liked the 69 and bought them. Then they changed a bunch for 70 and most people that wanted new body style had it. So the sold less of them. I really think the missed on the wheel scoops. As far as 4 light versus 2 I like the four but I also like the look of the 2. The cleveland performed well but the 351 w4v was no slouch. If ford would have stayed with the windsor platform and put cleveland heads (read boss type engine with 351) on the 69 body, it would have been a winner. They realized mistakes made with cleveland (fords GM ripoff engine lol) and d/c it but by that time gas was too high, emission and ect killed the muscle car.

69 Mach 1 here. They command a premium price due to desirability, not rarity because they aren't rare.

yep, my 69 GT fastback is rare, but doesn't command a higher price because people still want a Mach 1 instead :D

I have a 70 Mach 1 and to be honest i am an artist and industrial designer by trade and i just like the 70 style better the 69 side vents look like an after thought while a 67 shelby they look perfect

I wasnt ever interested in the 69/70 mustangs growing up as i had 12+ 65-67 mustangs. I remember how cheap these cars were in the 1980s and how nobody thought they were cool. Im glad they have come back strong their styling is pretty sweet and WAY better than what GM had to offer.

Even tough my car is now a mega buck pro tourig build to be finished i think the mach 1 cues really added to my coolness factor of my build where as i could have easily deviated and deleted all mach 1 options if i choose.

If i had a boss 302 or a boss 429 i would never modify it and would strictly stay original concour spec

Edited by 55Mach1

yep, my 69 GT fastback is rare, but doesn't command a higher price because people still want a Mach 1 instead :D

Hey I know they look better than the GT and many ways. I have 69 GT convertible and the R codes blows it out of water as far as value lol. Even with the delux interior and 351 4v.

Disagree on so many of 55Mach1’s points that I am compelled to reply.

Of course, it’s a case of ‘the eye of the beholder’, but IMO the ’69 side scoops looked nothing like an afterthought. The only neg is they are blatantly cosmetic, which raises a legitimate argument as to whether they should ever have been added. And as far as a period where the classic 69/70’s were “cheap . . .and how nobody thought they were cool” – on what planet? This was definitely never the case in this part of the world! I owned a ‘69 Mach in the early 1980’s (it was my first car) and the timeless lines drew as much attention and admiration from the guys, and more importantly the girls, then as now. Lastly, being a die hard Ford guy all my life I’d take a ’69 sportsroof over a GM any day, but I think it’s a stretch to they are WAY better than any of the many classic GM designs from ‘69/70. All of the US makers from those years produced some awesome cars. Truly a golden era like no other.

Cheers,

Tony

I have to say I agree with Tony 63C in 1984 when i bought my first 69 the thing that drew me was the side scoops real or not they make the car.When I was cruising up and down the coast of California while stationed at Camp Pendelton looking in the rearview mirrors and seeing those two scoops wow.After that car was demolished by a car running from the police smashing the front end.After many years of racing foxbodies I decided to settel down and build a nice car show and cruiser and looked hard to find another 69 it took till 2000 to find one .I have spent years messing around i'm nearing to my goal I can't wait to finish.Getting closer day by day when I lay down the paint this winter it will be a restomod a combination of 70 grabber stripes and 69 styling that i like no matter what anyone else likes.