Sign in to follow this  
ramair351

70 Mach resto mod

short history of the car, 1970 H code mach 1 . 42k original miles. i bought it with global west suspension already installed, speed Tremec and disc brakes. and warmed over 351w.

null-20.jpg

i took the cowl panel out, and got it repainted, its was peeling badly from a poor prior repaint. i was able to fix a damaged RH wiper pivot in the process. also have had the grill out for some time, detailing and painting behind there, horns, etc. I bought the correct silver-grey metallic paint for the grill and reprayed that. i dont think the grill has ever been out before! i also swapped the clear sport lamp lenses for maverick amber ones. installed halogen headlamps with replaceable H4 bulbs too. been busy! now its time to drive

null-3.jpg

null-2.jpg

null-5.jpg

null-16.jpg

I finally got the nine inch i have been working on back together. 3.89 31 spline traction lock. bought the rebuild stuff from Yukon gear. i used the Rotunda ford pinion depth tool kit from work. it worked slick and no need to take the pinion support out and swap shims. it tells you the right one to use the first time.

null-4-1.jpg

null-2-1.jpg

null-1-1.jpg

someday when i get time, i will install it along with the rear disc brake kit i bought ...

I am curious, why would you want to use a proportion valve to shut off a brake line or lines? I've seen these used to help set the bias between the front and rear brake systems while driving, but not as a way to close off a system. Seen line locks to help in the burn out box at the strip as well, but it would be for an entirely different use. Just wondering...