Sign in to follow this  
juit

bumpsteer kit I got locally for my stang 67 68 69

this kits work great & just paid half the price

Item Description:

Mustang 1967-69 Bump Steer Corrector Kit.

Bump steer is caused by the tie rod ends moving up and

down as the suspension travels. When Mustangs are

lowered, the tie rod ends get closer to a level position

and under braking can actually go past the level position

which causes the tires to toe outwards. This causes the

car to pull from side to side during braking. Bump steer

is corrected by relocating the outer tie rod downward

with an intermediate spacer block that mounts on the

spindle steering arm. This is a bolt on kit which

requires no welding, heating, or bending of any kind.

It will also quicken your steering ratio for better

handling and road feel!

$(KGrHqRHJEcFDJbkprI0BQ1eNHVflQ~~60_57.JPG

unscrew the spindle from the arm

IMG_2849.jpg

tight the block to grind the arm screw

IMG_2853.jpg

secure it

IMG_2854.jpg

grind it

IMG_2855.jpg

fully flat surface

IMG_2859.jpg

uninstall it and put the spindle screw

IMG_2860.jpg

tight it

IMG_2861.jpg

secure pin installed

IMG_2862.jpg

drill spindle hole

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

install block security holders

IMG_2865.jpg

fully tight the spindle screw

IMG_2867.jpg

fully tight the security holders

IMG_2868.jpg

if you want to be extra carefull I use on mine red locktight

IMG_2873.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

install block security holders

IMG_2865.jpg

fully tight the spindle screw

IMG_2867.jpg

fully tight the security holders

IMG_2868.jpg

if you want to be extra carefull I use on mine red locktight

IMG_2873.jpg

No issues been installed on my daily driven and weekend road hog for more than 6 months drives like a champ, the only issue i had is that i had a 1 1/8 sway and didnt like it, then i downgrade it to a 1 inch and i love it, maybe was the kit maybe not who knows

Edited by juit

The guy from the shop test them before installin the kit, and way before i did the drop, when i went to the shop 2 months ago i ask him again he tild me to hold on again :(

That kit would see the trash can before I would put it on my car. After seeing your thread on VMF I knew it wasn't for me. Simple reason for me is bad design.

Bob

That kit would see the trash can before I would put it on my car. After seeing your thread on VMF I knew it wasn't for me. Simple reason for me is bad design.

Bob

No sir the simple reason is because ur a troll duche that tries to bash peoples threads because ur girlfriend got his fealings hurt and bring trolli henchmen,

Why mess around with the backyard attempt at building your own export brace when you can buy them so cheap?

http://www.cjponyparts.com/export-brace-black-1964-1970/p/EB1/

first of all "read" :detective:

I went to a friend shop and he offered to reinforce my export brace

so what the heck! I was going to change it anyway.....

BECAUSE IT WAS FREE ALSO

What he said. Those crimped ends look rather funky to me.

Bob

Cmn bob ur better than that

But ok ill respond ur trolli comment:

you cant rate a product just because "you think is a bad design" the pro motorsports has been proved that is one of the best kits out there so i recommend you to go and read that thread again http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/653307-bumpsteer-mustang-1969-promotors-sports-kit.html

For me has worked great also for the other local mustang owners

The proof is that im here writing this driving that car almost every day and the kit is still there doing its job despite "its desing flaws"

Edited by juit

hmm...join a car forum, post some projects, and when folks don't jump on your band wagon, fall back to name calling. It's not what I would do, but hey, it just might work for you. Good luck

Bob

Edited by RPM

hmm...join a car forum, post some projects, and when folks don't jump on your band wagon, fall back to name calling. It's not what I would do, but hey, it just might work for you. Good luck

Bob

exactly my thoughts, the moment someone didn't like his idea/mod he flipped kinda immature but oh well.

Juit, good luck with your project.

Bob ive been on forums for a long time, also i love to deal with big ego trolls in the past years, crearly this is the victim card just proves my point, also bringing henchmen to a one man disagreement its just a way to troll a thread, if you really behave like a honest forum member I would answered maturly, also a good behaved forum member if he sees something that he dosent like he just read and lets it go, ive read your posts "theres nothing to Bragg about" and trully i know what kind of people you are, want to be the bigger man? Jus let that grudge you have and go to orher thread "in word you can understand move along", if you just take a look at my post im just trying to help others member that are on the same boat like me, save some bucks here and there to fix orher stuff on the stang

Edited by juit

if you just take a look at my post im just trying to help others member that are on the same boat like me, save some bucks here and there to fix orher stuff on the stang

no offense, but I just think your investing time on inferior parts. if this was my car, I would have taken off the whole suspension and start cleaning & replacing any worn out parts before I started to mod.

I did that, but in the shop test every part, no loose uca lca bushings not because they look old in the pics it means that needs to be replaced the cool thing is that ive bought extra time to start to look for some parts on sale or have extra discounts, instead of buying all in a rush

Can we all please just try to pretend our mommies are watching over our shoulder and if we can't say something nice just not say anything at all? We have a reputation of being one of the friendliest forums on the net and I'd like to keep it that way.

Can we all please just try to pretend our mommies are watching over our shoulder and if we can't say something nice just not say anything at all? We have a reputation of being one of the friendliest forums on the net and I'd like to keep it that way.

Im cool bro with that, I wont even mind if my comments are deleted because they are off limits

+1, but constructive criticism shouldn't result in name calling. :alucard:

+1, but constructive criticism shouldn't result in name calling. :alucard:

Agreed 100% and as peace keeper I have to try and distinguish just when and where a line gets crossed. If the criticism was just constructive, like say "After seeing your thread on VMF I knew it wasn't for me. Simple reason for me is bad design." I can't help but feel that name calling may not have come into play, maybe not, we'll never know in this case and it won't ever be tolerated for any reason, that's for sure.

When you preface your criticism though with something like "That kit would see the trash can before I would put it on my car." knowing it's homemade and you aren't saying that towards a poorly made vendor POS someone shouldn't have bought then I think you are asking alot for most people not to get defensive, even if they go about it the wrong way.

A simple rule I try to live by is car guys don't shit on other guys cars. Gentle kidding aside between friends with Chevy's or Imports it's just poor form, especially in a forum.

that's why I posted the thread link of VMF to make it clear that they were just trolling and he got explained that it didn't had design flaws like he claimed, I was cool when they posted that on VMF but he started to troll other threads that I just posted here,

just making this clear:

this is not home made or a prototype

this is cnc machined and not from cheap steel material also its been machined from a reputable machine shop

the shop had installed motorsports kits but he rated it as a overpriced part, he has helped a lot of guys here in the valley, he does old trucks performance mods but also likes 69 mustangs he personally owns a mach1, he sold the kit just letting me drive his car, at the moment I was withthe idea of the rack and pinion conversion and rollerizing everything in my suspension, but he had everything stock except for the "homemade block" he has been selling them locally, I encourrage him to sell them out the valley but I now see that is just a waste of time with closed minded guys, my only intention was to get this out on the net and let people know that are alternative ways to do other stuff

In my case I saved 150 plus shipping for this kit, solving my initial problems and use the extra cash to buy a pair of rubbers for my pony

Edited by juit

So that's it then, done, finished. We don't need to talk about it anymore unless RPM has anything to say in his defense, otherwise take it to PM's with either myself or each other for whatever reasons.

Please do note though Juit that you get a free pass this time becasue you are new and I feel you were a tad provoked. Generally we have a zero tolerance policy here for name calling, trolling (which I do not believe RPM was doing for even a second btw) or any of the undesirable behavior that happens from time to time on other forums.

Trolling? I had to google it for the definition. As a native of alte, I may a little rough around the edges, but a troller/trolli or whatever the noun is called, I'm not. I don't participate in online pissing matches. I absolutely encourage folks to save money when building their rides, but safety and good looks should come first. I do apologize if I hurt some feelings, and that Pakrat had to spend his time on this thread. I should have worded my replies softer, but in my opinion they are accurate. I am grateful for this forum.

Bob

Edited by RPM

its just a promotorsport kit with a spline holder modded, if you don't like the promotors kit is cool end of discussion I cant help you with that,this kit is made after UCA drop also helps with the ackermann angle, the baer kit it only helps with the bumpsteer "in a limited way" it has been proved that its not long enough to do the job when the drop modification has been done (it lacks of shims & longer stud) "there's a nice article in VMF that proves this", the only diff in the promotorskit & this kit is the the spline holder, if that's your concern let me just explain it better why they made it this way

The spline holder was cut in this way because the original U shaped one wont embrace the spline like this one

its more easy and cheap doing U formed one, but doing it like this kit makes will make the spline holder touch more surface "embracing" when is tight up, maybe you don't need that extra security but anything extra is welcome when it comes to steering, the promotorsporst wobbles in that area "when the secure not is not tight up", yes it has a secure nut but you cant tight it up on the upper section like this one does, his explanation is that not all the splines are the same when it comes to diameter in that particular section a spline holder in that that can hold it better is just a plus in security,

(Embracing the spline) that's what this guy repeats a lot hahahhaha

just pm me bro if you have any questions or doubts

Edited by juit