Sign in to follow this  
69convertible

69 convertible restomod in england

Is that the 2 1/2" system? If so I have the same one but only did a rough mock up so far and though they claim some modifications are necessary on a convertible I didn't see any major concerns.

Cheers you guys , glad you like what i am doing,

To answer a few questions , The seat pan brace is the one thing that need modifying , I will fab a new one with extra bends to clear the exhaust x pipe . I did try it through the seat pan brace hole , but was hard up on the e-brake cable and hard up on the floor pan just before the rear boxes .Going under the brace was to low , So with the brace out, the system run where the brace was .

Yes 2.5 " system

The time these jobs take is a labour of love , The magnaflow system has been on & off 4 times to get it right , But i am there now , all fitted & welded . Even though its a bought system you have to fab headers to system joints, drill new s/s hangers for rear boxes , weld rear hangers to system , Then i have welded 3" slash cut s/s tips on , Did not like the turn down magnaflow ones . First start up this weekend !!!!

100_8051_zps2513d9ef.jpg

100_8053_zpscde90ede.jpg

100_8055_zpsf42f9e46.jpg

100_8056_zpsb43b8a12.jpg

100_8052_zpse0efe9d8.jpg

Kevin,

I just watched the video, love the sound of the exhaust. Can you give me the particulars about which exhaust kit it is? Part #?.

Thanks, Mike.

Probably the same 15816 that we did a group buy on years back?

Agreed, love the sound Kevin, makes me want to get mine hooked up this weekend. I think I'll still wait to see how you handle the seat brace though. :rolleyes: