Sign in to follow this  
Endeavour32

69 Coupe Project 351 C

Here are the new wheels with the new rubber on them I went with Michelin Pilot Sport tires- 255/45/17's in the back and 245/45/17's up front. There's no engine in the car yet or seats so I'm not sure what I'm going to need to do to get the car to sit how I like it.

Edited by Endeavour32

Here are the new wheels with the new rubber on them I went with Michelin Pilot Sport tires- 255/45/17's in the back and 245/45/17's up front. There's no engine in the car yet or seats so I'm not sure what I'm going to need to do to get the car to sit how I like it.

Get the interior and engine in. Once the car is assembled it will sit much different than it does now. Take if for a spin and mess with the ride height later!

Get the interior and engine in. Once the car is assembled it will sit much different than it does now. Take if for a spin and mess with the ride height later!

Yes- I agree! There is really no way to know how its going to sit without the engine, drivetrain and interior in it. I'm hoping to drop the engine in this week.

Looking good!

I think you'll be very happy with the Cleveland. Getting a 390 to outperform the Cleveland would likely have been very expensive.

The paint looks especially nice. It was like that when you got it? If so, I'm green with envy!

Klutch-

I agree as far as the engine goes. I think the 390 would have been a little better for burning rubber but as far as all out performance the Cleveland is the winner all the way. I was going to beef up the 390 but it was much cheaper to buy this Cleveland which is basically new, than to think about all the parts needed to build a performance 390. As to the paint are you talking about the engine or the car?

Yes- The car came painted. As a whole its a nice paint job. There are a few things that I need to fix such as someone couldn't wait to put the hood scoop on it and wrinkled the paint on the hood. But that's fairly easy. The nice thing was all the metal work is done.

I've been MIA for a bit but here is some projects I've knocked out. I ripped out the front suspension and rebuilt replaced everything. The biggest improvements were roller perches, new lowering springs, Bilstein shocks and the Shelby drop.

In addition to the front end, I just installed Shelby convertible scoops which I got from Branda. The fit is pretty good but with a little work they will fit great.

Well it's time for some updates on the coupe. As said before the engine is in, I now have the toploader in and all the linkages hooked up. The right side I have the Shelby drop finished and replaced everything except the upper A-Arm but it received new ball joints. Everything else was replaced with new Moog parts. I also installed the 620 springs as well as the roller perch from Street and Track and new Bilstein shocks.

As to the body the only thing that I've really done is to finally get Shelby scoops to replace the ugly factory ones. I also ordered the 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust kit for the car which should be here today. As soon as that arrives I'm off to work on the car and finish the left side front suspension. I finally ordered and received the wheel lock key for the lock that was on that wheel that has put a stop on that side for months. I'll post some updated pictures of everything later. The car is finally starting to come together.

As of right now I'm not planning on making them functional, however, down the road I may. I installed the Magnaflow exhaust today other than actually connecting it to the headers. It was quite painless especially seeing that I've never installed an exhaust before. I highly recommend this kit!

I've made a lot of progress the past month. I received and installed a Magnaflow exhaust. The front suspension is finally all done and today I finished the engine. The only a few things to do under the hood. I still need to install the master cylinder and paint the right shock perch.

Nice looking project nearing the finish line. Now it may be my old eyes, but is the radiator skewed a bit in comparison to the support?? And maybe it's just not secured in it's final position yet?? The Cleveland should make that coupe move well. Lookin' good! :thumbup1:

SUBSCRIBED!

Yellow clevelanded coupes are the best!

What headers are you running?

My 69 coupe has Super comp hookers now, but just ordered a set of headman hustlers with the flat collectors. BIG CARBS, BIG INTAKES, BIG TUBE HEADERS, BIG CAMS, AND BIG COMPRESSION!!

Well- Lots of progress being made. Some backwards but in the end forward. I had to pull the steering box this week- what a pain. I had to lift the engine, pull the steering column, and the z-bar. Reinstalling it was equally as fun, the life of headers. Engine is finally tuned and running really well, as far as I'm concerned that stage of the project is finished. Started painting the Shelby scoops, still need to clear them but they really turned out nice. Ordered the Baer bump steer kit from Dallas Mustang as they had a 20% off sale last weekend. Once I get them the front suspension is mostly finished. Either way- it may see the road yet this fall.. Here are some updated pictures.

Edited by Endeavour32

I hope my coupe gets to looking as good as yours sometime. Mine is a 70 with a cleveland and fmx transmission.

I'm trying to get mechanical side completed before interior and body work.

My problem now is I'm fed up with fmx and trying to decide between c-4 or 4r70w.

I'm running flowtech ceramic headers and have actually been able to pull and install engine and trans with headers bolted to engine after dropping

steering linkage