Sign in to follow this  
rytie

My 69 fastback Project

Just recently purchased 69 stang, been searching for the right car at the right price, lets hope this works out for me. I happen upon this site and notice the project forum and felt it would be fun to chronicle my journey here. Also its no doubt there would be a vast knowledge base to draw from when I stumble upon those points in the project that I want to pull my hair out. anyway let the journey begin.....

Edited by rytie

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am novice at this type of restore but I love mustangs. The car came with 351w which I am going to pull and rebuild, also the guy had a 3spd trans in it, that has to go probably going to go with a C4. really undecided about getting it blasted or having it dipped. i have been reading lots of info good and bad on both methods, any input on experiences with either method would be appreciated. for what I hear the more you dig the more you find on these old cars so I will begin taking her apart to see what I'm really dealing with.

Remove engine today its off to be look over and fine tuned probably will have a cam added probably a RV cam. not to bad on the rust in the engine bay. we will see what else is discovered as the dis assembly continues...

Added the doors and started putting chrome trim on, some of the chrome is ok post polishing but going to need to buy some boomerangs they are pitted something awful. I don't know how I missed it but missing the roof rail trim channel, got a buddy on the case I think Craigslist just may save me again...