Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

What color do you like better

What color do you like better?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What color do you like better?

• The First picture, Gold base Candy Red
    • The Second picture, original 1969 Royal Maroon

RM for me too. I painted the Fox body I had that color too! I used DP90 black sealer underneath to darken it slightly. In these photos the paint job was 18 years old. Not bad for acrylic enamel. It was never wet sanded or machine buffed... ever.

As you can see my truck is a similar Dodge color as well.

Edited by Fordrevhead

I have always wanted the red also. Hopefully mine will be getting the much needed body and paint work this spring. I guess I'll go back with the original white mach1 scheme. I'm torn about that as I'm planning on keeping it until I'm pushing up daisies though. I will say you don't see as many white Mach 1's out there. Thinking about going with the Ford performance white on mine but I love the red along with the rear window treatment and front spoiler.

I agree with Jeep. I'm not a fan of the stripe. To much of a Burger King/Redskins look for me. Maybe if the second one had the darker stripe I would like that one.

Phil69, If you are planning on keeping the car, I would paint it how you want. Enjoy the car for you not others in the future. I've kept cars stock colors and I've never gotten rich owning them. My two cents.

Jim

I like the royal maroon. Also -- I have not seen many Mach 1 stripe kits applied with the aluminum wheel-lip moldings. Both these cars have it that way. Is this common -- anybody know?

Mach I's came with the bright rocker molding but not the wheel lip molding. If it's there, it was added after it left the factory.

It's my observation that it's pretty common for a lot of Mach I owners and restorers to add it.

Back on topic, I've always liked Royal Maroon.

I agree with Jeep. I'm not a fan of the stripe. To much of a Burger King/Redskins look for me. Maybe if the second one had the darker stripe I would like that one.

Phil69, If you are planning on keeping the car, I would paint it how you want. Enjoy the car for you not others in the future. I've kept cars stock colors and I've never gotten rich owning them. My two cents.

Jim

Keep in mind that the stripes almost never photo right, Especially with a flash, since they are reflective. If you have ever photographed one you know.

Warning: biased opinion ahead . . .

The first one looks better in this light. Prefer the black stripe as well.

Off topic comment: not a fan of the wheel lip molding. Clutters up the car IMO. In Mach 1 trim they have sufficient bells and whistles as it is.

Cheers,

T.

It is your car. Do what you want. Mine is Gulfstream Aqua and it came with a black interior. The paint just cried out for a white interior and now looks much better with this 'upgrade'. The look is Gulfstream cool like a breeze at the beach. Of course the chrome wheel lip moulding added to that look. If I were to go any further I'd have to strap a surfboard to the roof. No worries, I can't surf...