Sign in to follow this  
sportsroof69

New best.....again

No, that's on a .055 jet. About a 80-90 horsepower shot. The motor will take a lot more nitrous, so 9s are a jet change away, but I don't have a halo on my cage, so it's not legal. Honestly, I don't really feel comfortable going any faster in the car until I do something with the front suspension, because its all bone stock.

It went 11.18@121 on motor.

I probably won't add to the cage to make it legal for 9s. I'd have to cut holes in my dash for the bars to go down through, and as it stands right now, I have every piece of interior in the car, and none of it is cut, except for some light trimming on the console for the shifter and the modifications to my driver seat for the harness. I'd like to put the AJE strut kit in the front, but I don't have that much cash right now. The car needs it though. I might throw a .068 jet in it once and dip into the 9s if the mood strikes me.

My car is heavy. It crossed the scales at 3475. That's race weight,with me in the car. I weigh 200, and the cage is chromoly, so figure around 120 lbs for it.

Here is what the Wallace calculator says.

Your HP computed from your vehicle ET is 560.77 rear wheel HP and 623.08 flywheel HP.

Your HP computed from your vehicle MPH is 541.54 rear wheel HP and 601.71 flywheel HP.

Edited by sportsroof69

The front is bone stock, except the shocks. It has 90/10s. Up until this weekend, all the passes had been made on stock multi leafs, with Caltracs, and it's best 60' in that configuration was 1.43. Now it has Calvert split mono leafs, and while I didn't see a lot of change in the 60', the body seperation is 100% better. If you watch the video in my signature, it ran a 10.72 on that pass, with a 1.54 60', and you can see the body seperation. The car looks like its going to do a bunny hop. The split monos pretty well fixed that. The car sits down and goes now.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm pretty happy with how the car is running, especially since the car is driven weekly. It gets 5000-6000 miles per year put on it, and it does great as a street driver. Nothing like pulling the front tires off the ground on Friday, and cruising the streets on Saturday.

I've learned a lot this year about how to make the Caltracs work. I've went from a 10.72 to a 10.33 on the exact same tuneup, all done with some suspension adjustments. I've learned how to set it up to hit the tire how it wants, based on the track conditions, but the key is to make sure that the front falls freely. There can't be any binding, or hang ups. If the front is nice and loose, the Caltracs do work. Another large key is to make sure the bolts on the leafs, and the shackles aren't too tight. Mine are actually loose, and I use a double nut to keep them from backing off.