Sign in to follow this  
Machattack

My car has finally arrived.

After 3 long months my Mach 1 finally arrived and I got it home last week. Here's a few photos:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

I have a little bit to do to get it registered, a few worn bushes, install seat belts (for some reason the previous owner neglected to fit any at all), power steering leak and I'll need to quieten down the exhaust a bit to pass our noise levels. Dropped the transmission pan and found 4 loose screws in the bottom form the valve body. Glad I found that. Will probably need to raise the suspension a touch too.

The previous owner did a great job on the panel work, I'm very imressed at how well everything lines up besides the driver's door. Hopefully some new hinge pins will fix this up.

Can't wait to go cruising.

Nice ride indeed. Looks very slick and sounds good too. If you find the right rego guy you should be ok. But you can do what I did and stuck some fibreglass and chicken wire up the exhaust tips to quieten it down for rego. Then pull them out when I was done. :whistling:

Thanks all, I'm really happy with the car.

Glad it finally made it to ya! Sounds really nice .. and yea .. mine wouldn't have a chance to pass the sound levels there LOL

I still like the wheels and the stance.

The wheels scrub quite badly on the driver's side. The PO has obviously attempted to roll the passenger side wheel arch but has caused some slight damage so didn't bother doing the driver's side. I don't think the car would pass roadworthy at the ride height it is now, 100mm (4") minimum clearance so I'm hoping a slight lift and some guard rolling might stop the rubbing. The car looks great as it is but not much good for turning corners.

Nice looking ride, Where are the eng pic's?:1eye:

I looked at your vid, And if that is too loud for your noise regs. Mine wouldn't have a chance in passing at all.:frown:

Nice ride indeed. Looks very slick and sounds good too. If you find the right rego guy you should be ok. But you can do what I did and stuck some fibreglass and chicken wire up the exhaust tips to quieten it down for rego. Then pull them out when I was done. :whistling:

Engine bay isn't much to look at just yet, will have to tart it up a bit but I'll worry about that after registration.

Mach1026.jpg

The noise pollution laws are pretty tight here but to be honest the exhaust needs done anyway as it drones far too much. It goes from twin 2 1/2" to 3" before the mufflers and then to this:

042.jpg

Maybe I can sell the "tips" to the Prelude drivers.

Will probably just do what is needed to get reg then have a full system done. The car still has the stock headers.

Cheers.

Edited by Machattack

It's a great looking car Machattack!

You might be interested in this? I think the sale ends soon but I thought for the price it looks good! I've got a similar set-up on mine but it is from Magnaflow. A mate just got the same Magnaflow system for his 68 Fastback and it sounds great too. Not overly loud and no drone. Not sure how this one sounds but it is a good price. You know how much a stainless system is worth to get made here in Aus. You could get 5 these!

http://www.cjponyparts.com/flowmaster-exhaust-kit-2-5inch-stainless-steel-with-turn-down-tips-coupe-fastback-v8-1967-1970/p/CBF43/

Machattack,

It looks like from your pics that the exhaust stops at the rear axle assembley, am I right?. If that is the case that is why you are getting thye droan from the exhaust, it is just comming right up into the interior. I used to have a 68 GT Coupe & I had put on headders & a new exhaust & stopped it at the rear axle assembley & the droan at part throttle was real bad, but once I put on tail pipes the droan was gone because now all the sound is out the back of the car & not comming up into the interior.

Cheers all. :thumbup1:

Machattack,

It looks like from your pics that the exhaust stops at the rear axle assembley, am I right?. If that is the case that is why you are getting thye droan from the exhaust, it is just comming right up into the interior. I used to have a 68 GT Coupe & I had put on headders & a new exhaust & stopped it at the rear axle assembley & the droan at part throttle was real bad, but once I put on tail pipes the droan was gone because now all the sound is out the back of the car & not comming up into the interior.

You are correct Mike, I will be extending the pipes whichever way I end up going.

Thanks Ash for the link.

And just because I really like this photo:

556109_401526096558826_113587608686011_1123002_671146280_n.jpg

congrats on that car. It is purdier than a twenty dollar whore!

I could not pass German noise levels with my Magnaflow exhaust. The solution was to remove the magna flow stainless steel mufflers, weld up some aluminum mufflers, and go pass inspection. Once inspection was passed, we cut the alum mufflers off and welded the stainless steel magna flows back on. Problem solved!

Congrats! It is a really beautiful car!

I see that the brake master cylinder and booster are still on the left side of the firewall. Will you be converting the car to right-hand drive?

M/C

Please say it aint so! Fortunately you do not need to convert cars older than 30 years here in Oz. Both my stangs are still left hook and I love it, part of the fun. Can create problems when entering the motor way or turning left hand sweepers but no big deal.

I agree, I love it too. I don't understand why anyone would want to hack up or pay the 10 grand asking price to convert. It really isn't that inconvenient to drive with and the novelty factor for me is still there every time I get in. And that is 2-3 times a day!

congrats on that car. It is purdier than a twenty dollar whore!

I could not pass German noise levels with my Magnaflow exhaust. The solution was to remove the magna flow stainless steel mufflers, weld up some aluminum mufflers, and go pass inspection. Once inspection was passed, we cut the alum mufflers off and welded the stainless steel magna flows back on. Problem solved!

That's the plan, once it passes I'll beef it up a bit.

Congrats! It is a really beautiful car!

I see that the brake master cylinder and booster are still on the left side of the firewall. Will you be converting the car to right-hand drive?

M/C

Please say it aint so! Fortunately you do not need to convert cars older than 30 years here in Oz. Both my stangs are still left hook and I love it, part of the fun. Can create problems when entering the motor way or turning left hand sweepers but no big deal.

It aint so! I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough.