Sign in to follow this  
HELOPILOT71

Looking for my high school Mach1

Evening fellow Stangers. Im new to the site and looking for some assistance (if possible) in locating my long lost 69 Mach 1. The VIN is 9T02H154591, the original color I believe was gulfstream aqua although the car had been repainted a dull teal blue when I had it. It had a 351W 2bbl with a three speed. I sold it in 1989 to a guy named Stuart (cant remember last name) who lived in Springfield Massachusetts. I know its a long shot but I just have to keep looking. I am interested in finding the car and possibly repurchasing regardless of condition. Thanks for any insight.

Thanks for the responses so far. I know this story has been repeated throughout the ages. Guy has car, guy loses car, guy regrets losing car, guy embarks on lifelong search to find car. Regardless of the end outcome, there is a somewhat happy ending, I have a great wife that let me buy a 68 ragtop a few years back and the car has been great...but it sure would be nice...

Yep, you got it. That is the car. Funny...my buddy just called me about 2 hours ago with the same information. Research has been done and the emails have been sent to the seller and buyer. I've got my fingers crossed. Just hope he wants to sell. It is definetly my car. It still has the same rims and steering wheel on it when I sold it 23 years ago. It was in pieces then and looks like it has only gotten slightly better. It is possible that I was the last person to drive this car in the last 23 years. I am so happy she still around and didnt end up in the crusher or around a tree. Wish me luck!

Well, the gentleman that owns the car called me this morning. Still cant believe it but he is willing to part with the car. As a matter of fact he is looking for his 70 sportsroof that he sold about 22 years ago so he knows how I feel. Looks like I am going down to see it next weekend. Amazingly as he describes the condition of the car it doesnt look like it has been on the road since I sold it. Reunited, still cant believe it. Gonna call mustangs monthly, we've got another story for them. Thanks for all your support and advice. Jkskinsfan; awesome job, if my buddy hadnt done teh google search you would have been the key to the whole deal. Still worthy of a grand thank you!

Well, the gentleman that owns the car called me this morning. Still cant believe it but he is willing to part with the car. As a matter of fact he is looking for his 70 sportsroof that he sold about 22 years ago so he knows how I feel. Looks like I am going down to see it next weekend. Amazingly as he describes the condition of the car it doesnt look like it has been on the road since I sold it. Reunited, still cant believe it. Gonna call mustangs monthly, we've got another story for them. Thanks for all your support and advice. Jkskinsfan; awesome job, if my buddy hadnt done teh google search you would have been the key to the whole deal. Still worthy of a grand thank you!

Get lot's of pictures of the car in it's present/as condition. Don't clean any dust or dirt off it till you take some pictures. Jerry Healsy even says in his "Rare Finds" columns that too many people think it needs to be cleaned before they'll take pictures (i.e. "before pics"). Document it's progress with photos as you work on it too. It may not be a low production car (i.e. Rare Find) in itself but it could be a good story if you get it back on the road in good condition after all those years.

Good luck, can't wait to see this play out. :detective:

Thank you for the advice, in the past I have had a bad habit of finishing a project and then saying "Boy I should have taken more pictures". I know as far as Mach 1s go it is a low ball, low perf model but I can remember being on top of the world as a 16 year old driving that car around. I can hardly wait to hear it run again. Spoke with the owner again this morning; a very understanding fellow who knows his way around a mustang. From the looks of it he has brought a few back to life. I dug up some old polaroids that I had from 1989 and plan to bring them to the "reunion" just to compare then and now. Needless to say, this work week wont go by fast enough!

Hope it works out for you and you're able to get it back. I got mine back after more than 30 years, but I always knew where it was.