Sign in to follow this  
Trinitys

Cool new EFI setup.....by MSD

I'm not really thrilled with my Mass-flo setup. I think it has drive-ability issues. In the systems defense, i rebuilt the motor at the same time that i installed the EFI setup so it my be in the motor....but it's hard to tell just on my own.

Something like this would have been pretty cool when I was looking to build my set-up.

For $2300 what are you getting?

Why go for F.I. in the first place? Is it really that much difference between the two? I have an '89 EFI'd 5.0l that I've been contemplating dropping in but my thoughts were to ditch the F.I. and stick a Holley on it.

my edelbrock 1406 starts perfectly, hot or cold, 1st time every time and it's been on there with the current set up for 3+ years... and carbs are so cheap and easy to clean and rebuild.. I know FI has a lot of pros... but man I'd like to be able to do it for less. $2300 will buy A. Lot. of. Parts. or labor..

Thank but it's not a debate about EFI or carbs, it's a discussion about this product. I know there are pros and cons to both systems and made that decision about going EFI years ago. I'm running Mass-Flo right not but thought it would be cool to explore other avenues....like this one.

I'm a fan of the AFB carbs, simple to work on, easy to tune and a dime a dozen. I had several through highschool and also badass spead boar holly built by Devinci Carbs as a custon build(because he typically did only race square boar, no choke) on my brothers '67. And you're right you can get good performance and street-ability out of them but this is simply not the intention of this discussion.