7TCatvert

My S code fastback Barn find finally made it home

After a long and painful journey the S code fastback I bought from a Barn has finally made it home. I trailered to the house and dropped it out front...Car has not been started for a few years and not driven in mannnny years...Need to get the mouse droppings out...

Changed the oil, filled up the radiator, cleaned the points, installed a new ignition coil, new battery....and I got nothing bypassed everything (starter wire direct to battery still nothing...removed starter bench tested got it to spin...Put it back on tommorow and try agian need to get it moved into the garage to start tearing into her...

2011-10-13_13-55-36_255.jpg

Car is very soild just need a little TLC and a lot of $$$ to be back...Would like to just get her running and drive it around with body as is...

Very cool find. The body looks good. You might look at the under dash wiring if it has mouse dropping in the car there is probably a good chance the wiring has been chewed up. Mice are great for doing that. I used to see nests on top of the engines from mice or rodents in the winter time here in NJ when I worked in the auto new car dealership service depts.

Wow cant believe how long its been since I got the Mustang home...After scraping together some funds sent it off to the body shop...Thought it to be pretty rust free...

Pulled the engine for a rebuild....photobucket-46510-1361153270732_zpsbfb595fb.jpg

bodywork finished..

Body work finished..

008_zps0863383f.jpg

on to rebuilding the front end...

Still trying to get the 390 back together and finish rebuilding the 4 speed...

Wow cant believe how long its been since I got the Mustang home...After scraping together some funds sent it off to the body shop...Thought it to be pretty rust free...

Pulled the engine for a rebuild....photobucket-46510-1361153270732_zpsbfb595fb.jpg

bodywork finished..

Body work finished..

008_zps0863383f.jpg

on to rebuilding the front end...

Still trying to get the 390 back together and finish rebuilding the 4 speed...

Those two cars will look great sitting side by side in the stable. Is that Acapulco blue you are going back with on it? My 70 Mach is a medium bright blue metallic car and I think its a great color for the 69-70 Mustangs.

It is Caspian blue which is a 66-67 color. My Cougar is Medium Blue which I will change to Acapulco Blue next time I paint it. My Mustang was originally Meadowlark Yellow that was painted some color blue.

Mike love that stang, the wheels on the back look good what size are those?

Those are 315/35-17 tires on 11" wide rims. I don't know if they are going to work, they are very close clearance on the springs. I remain hopeful, I started my car for the first time today in over three years. Was a bit of a milestone for me.

Meant to comment on that CAT. Nice engineered photo next to cougar stadium. LOL

So how's the Mustang progressing along?

Slow...started a new job so have been out of town for training...front suspension is done, front brakes are half done...All the parts are ordered just need to put everything back together, I was shooting for Sept 5th completion date but will take alot of help to finish that fast...

013_zpseb434bbe.jpg

1635bf2ec3e0bcc0a4f945f51fff80b2_zps5d765537.jpg

486e0de3a1c570d9b4024c4eb42fe1b7_zpsce22289b.jpg

611acbc25cce673bda03a297bd6eea2a_zps8e3c7e8b.jpg

image.jpg21_zpscsbscgju.jpg

Wow. I cant believe its been 4 years since I started this project. It was definitely my most ambitious and complete. I pretty much replaced or reconditioed every part on this car.

Going from a automatic to a 4 speed on a big block is much harder than I thought. Having to do a rebuild of the engine was not planned, getting layed off 2x was not planned. The good thing was I kept on it a little at a time and she is almost done. I am on the final assembly and hopefully will get to drive her before the snow starts.

image.jpg5_zpsukew6lo8.jpg

Mounted the fenders...and took my first drive in 4 years. Made it about a mile and it broke down. I am pretty sure the wire to the coil is not getting 12v. I have pertronix on it and need to run a direct wire to 12v source. Also the tach was all over the palce just read where it may need an inline resister....

I am getting close. It sure was fun those first 200 yards.