7TCatvert

My S code fastback Barn find finally made it home

Congrats on the drive, even though it was a short one.  I hope to be making my initial drive soon myself..... Just have to get this rats nest of a wiring harness fixed and installed and then it's 'go time'.  After that, i'll be where you are now, in what I refer to as the "working out the bugs" phase.

81ae8f0d056143a337c694413579a161_zpszrch

Finally able to drive it more than a mile....seem to have all of the electrical, ignition, leaks ect worked out. Need to finish a few interior items, get he exhaust welded up and then back to the body shop for panel alignment...4 years is a really long time to be this close, too bad fall is over and winter is right around the corner. I guess over the winter I can work on a sound system....

HA.. Don't feel bad Bud I started on my car and it took me 1 year to do the sheet metal work, body shop had it almost 2 years and I put it all together in less than 6 months and my test drive was about 700 miles long and lasted from Thursday to Sunday Haha...Hit the key, backed it out and drove it to Cruising the coast 3 hours away on Thursday, cruised it all weekend long and beat on it really good, then on Sunday drove it 3 hours back home... I did have a brand new fuel pump take a dump on me which I fixed in the Pep Boys parking lot and we all kept rolling.

I will say this much I saw and talked to two people who paid to have their cars restored and customized and had upwards of 90-100k in them and 1 of them broke down, and I saved the other from going down, So I know my skills are at least on Par with guys who build em for a living Hahah...

Stay hard at it bud, you will work out all the bugs