Sign in to follow this  
Archon

Question about M codes.

Ok I have a dilemma. My car is an M code but it says it was manufactured the 4th of October, 1969. First question is does this means they did produce Clevelands in 69? Second question is how can I tell what type it is? It has the 63b body code so it's a sports roof with luxury interior I think. I could just use some clarification. Thanks.

By October of '69, the 70 models were already starting to show up on dealer lots. Production switched over in early August, so something doesn't add up. I'd get a Marti report to find out for sure, or get the freebie version directly from Ford.

Edited by 69gmachine
run on words

I don't know if this will help, but about 11 years ago, You could write the Ford Motor Company, and ask them about your vin number. If I remember right, it cost me 5.00, and they basically sent me the history of the car. I also found out from my state, who owned the car before I bought it. Again, that was a 10 dollar fee for that. I would say it took about a month and a half to get it from Ford, but it was worth every penny to me.

Edited by Nightowl