Sign in to follow this  
Powershift

My '70 Mach

I noticed the rear caliper is a ford caliper like the ones used on cobras and gt's. The front rotor is the a lot thicker than a stock cobra rotor but what about the back? In terms of diameter they are the same as cobra,mach1,bullitt rotors. 13" front and 11.65" rear. but is the rear rotor any thicker?

I noticed the rear caliper is a ford caliper like the ones used on cobras and gt's. The front rotor is the a lot thicker than a stock cobra rotor but what about the back? In terms of diameter they are the same as cobra,mach1,bullitt rotors. 13" front and 11.65" rear. but is the rear rotor any thicker?

Yep, the rear caliper is a factory Ford unit. It's got an integral parking brake, which is much better than 98% of the aftermarket parking brakes out there. The way I figure... if that caliper is good enough for GTs, '03/'04 Cobras, and Cobra R's, it should be just fine for my Mach.

The rear rotors have lots of meat. I'm not sure on the new thickness of stock Ford rotors, but here is a quick mic check of the two piece set from Street or Track....

EDIT: Just looked up the specs. Same O/D thickness as stock Ford rotors... .70

2mwyu8o.jpg

Edited by Powershift

Looking great Brian, I love the photography!

No need for such a wide/large rotor on the rear as the rear doesn't see as much heat as the front. Making a rotor larger than it needs to be adds weight. Our front 2 pc 13" x 1.25" rotor cools better and is 3lbs lighter than the stock SN95 Cobra rotor.

Edited by Shaun

It's got an integral parking brake, which is much better than 98% of the aftermarket parking brakes out there.

Not only does the parking brake work very well, the way it works eliminates pad knock back in the stock rear end when cornering hard.

The next step up in stopping power is to run our full floating 9" system with 4 piston fixed calipers:

9inchfloater10-small.jpg

Not only does the parking brake work very well, the way it works eliminates pad knock back in the stock rear end when cornering hard.

The next step up in stopping power is to run our full floating 9" system with 4 piston fixed calipers:

You already shipped that to my house, right? Should be here soon? :drool:

HA!

Yep and I charged your card... :punk:

Now, you didn't have to go and do that part! :lol:

Did a quick test fit. They clear the V48 wheel spokes GREAT! AWESOME kit, Shaun!

2vv445l.jpg

Edited by Powershift

Love the rims. You need some of the long lugs from Cobra Automotive to complete the look!

On edit- just read earlier posts in this thread and you already mentioned the longer lugs. You would have a tough time finding them with that unique nose.

haha, we looked into those lug nuts, cool but OUCH on the price. This looks great so far Brian, can't wait to go for a ride. 318-4300g is the part number but no prices online.

Edited by cobrakidz

Yea! I've seen them in other early muscle cars, and they just have a period correct appearance. They fall right inline with my vintage Trans Am theme, as they appear to be the same kind of styling as early model road racing seats.

Edited by Powershift