Sign in to follow this  
Powershift

My '70 Mach

Just pulled the trigger with Keith Craft to begin building my motor.

I also have a TKO, and related conversion parts, on the works from Modern Driveline.

And, I finally found a complete 4 wheel Disc conversion I like which fits my wheels. 13" front rotors, fix mount 4 piston calipers, and rear Disc with a built in parking brake... all from Street or Track.

Just pulled the trigger with Keith Craft to begin building my motor.

I also have a TKO, and related conversion parts, on the works from Modern Driveline.

And, I finally found a complete 4 wheel Disc conversion I like which fits my wheels. 13" front rotors, fix mount 4 piston calipers, and rear Disc with a built in parking brake... all from Street or Track.

:punk:

Got my brake stuff from Street or Track as well. Very helpful in getting all the parts I needed. Good luck with all of the work. Sounds like some good upgrades coming.

Yea, Shaun over at Street or Track really knows his stuff. He is really helpful in finding what works/fits best. He's been a big help.

Here is the front kit I will be running, behind my V48 wheels....

http://www.streetortrack.com/Street-or-Track-13x1.25-Rotor-4-Piston-Forged-Aluminum-Caliper-Brake-System-pr-24556.html

And the rear....

http://www.streetortrack.com/Street-or-Track-11.65-Rear-Disk-Brake-Kit-pr-23990.html

I'll be running 3" wheel studs front and rear too.

Edited by Powershift

Shaun road races his vintage cars, and has his brake and suspension kits pretty well sorted out. I'm confident I will be really happy with the kits.

I'm really curious to see how the TKO fitment goes in my car too. Modern Driveline is going to clearance the case in the known trouble areas. So, I'm hoping that will help eliminate a bit of "clearancing" needed in the trans tunnel.

You'll need them with a few more ponies under the hood with the new motor :001_smile:

Ok, so the TKO is a close fit with no body mods? The 70 has a bit more tunnel clearance too doesn't it over the 69? I remember being told something along these lines in regard to the 70 coming with a Hurst shifter and the 69 not so the 70 got more clearance for that.

My AWESOME brake kits arrived from Street or Track about 5 minutes ago. OMG, this stuff is NICE.

Here is a quick cell phone pic of just a front 13" rotor, 4 piston caliper, and the hub with 3" ARP studs. I also got a complete rear Disc kit, late model Master, and a bunch of other brake "goodness".

HUGE thank you to Shaun, at Street or Track. He was VERY helpful in guiding me to the right combination of brake parts. I will post up some high res pics once everything is unboxed.

35mlh0m.jpg

That is going to be a HUGE improvement. And very much needed to slow you down with that monstor 408 you have coming. Look forward to progress pics on all of it. What is your schedule for completion looking like?

Brakes should be on in the next couple days. Pics have to be taken along the way of the install, which will slow my normal rate of work. But, I should have them on the car, and drivable by the end of the weekend.

The motor and trans should arrive in the next couple weeks, so I want to be done with the brake system way before that time.

My Vintage Wheel Works V48 wheels take a special seat lug nut seat...

x4ltu8.jpg

I really want the long style lug nuts the vintage Trans Am series cars all ran. But can't find any with the seat needed for these wheels. I'm hoping to have some made. But, luckily.... Vintage sells their special seat lug nuts with open ends too. So, that's what I will run for now.....

14y8t9h.jpg\

How's that for an "artsy fartsy" shot? LOL

Edited by Powershift

Very nice upgrade! I thought 4 wheel drums was a felony.

When I learned to drive back in the early 70's that is pretty much what most cars had then, 4 wheel drums & manual brakes, they seemed fine. But now after driving vehicles with disc brakes inthe front or 4 wheel discs & power brakes too the drum brakes seem lame, but for the time they were the normal thing.