Sign in to follow this  
Project69

Project Pics

Managed to get the rear end installed today, hopefully tomorrow will see some body panels going on.

seeing your project... inspiration that anything is possible with these cars!! no matter what shape they may be in...!!:thumbup1:

great work!!

Is that a super rare car? Seeing your pic's, i have to wonder if it's worth fixing a car that far gone!

Don't get me wrong, i applaud you for taking on a project like that, but why?

You could buy a clean shell for prob half what you'll have into that!

I thought I was crazy to resurrect mine which was slightly worse, but what a beauty you will have, I went restomod as she was a no name. Cudos for sticking to seeing it through.

x2

I think mine was in worse shape than this one, and I've replaced a lot of sheet metal, but I've gained a lot of experience...and patience. Glad to see another one saved from the tin crusher, keep up the good work!

Sometimes i get upset when i find a dime sized rust mark somewhere under my car, after viewing this thread... I'm going into the garage tonight to kiss my car! Hahaha!

But seriously, good luck with the project! Post lots of pics!

Looks great..Ive done some that were worse then that.It looks worse then it really is.When you remove full quarters instead of skinning them it looks like youve cut the car in half.Remember to weld the wheel houses in first.I always place all the sheet metal and tap screw it all together .Fit the trunk lid before welding also.Take your time measure twice.I always use dynacorn full quarters.Never mess around with skins anymore.They snap right into place.

Keep up the good work.

I also coat the inside of the frame rails with KBS rust paint before I weld the trunk floor down.

I've been using an enamel paint for the underneath and frame. I've used it before for truck frames and have had really good luck with it. It looks great and blocks rust. I think it made by Krylon if memory serves. I'm going to try to assemble the panels all at once so as to get my lines correct. Thanks for the tip about the trunk lid, I never thought about setting it in place. Too busy thinking about all the other pieces.

Take your time measure twice.

Time is always my big issue. It took me 4 hours to get the frames jigged in the correct location and square to the front end before I was comfortable welding them in place. All said and done it's off square only by an 1/8 inch. I was pretty happy with that.

The car was only on the rails to move outside for a good de-dusting. Went back up on stands once back inside. Have RH trunk floor, wheel house's, and fender set into place and tack welded. Have to do the LH side so I can square it all up to the tail light valance. Will post more pics this weekend.

Congratulations on starting to see some progress, mine has been sitting for 3 years, and I often think of selling, but the wife says no...I got to be patient and look forward to that day, the day that you are currently experiencing....thanks for the photos..

Bill