Sign in to follow this  
CG in TX

Latest 69 Resto Progress

It's been a while but progress is slow but steady. Here are some photos before the paint. The front of the shaker is higher than I like so trying to figure out how to lower it. Also deciding on what to do with the Ford blue air cleaner base.

Looks good! I think I'd chrome the air cleaner as it would best compliment the rest of the engine. I'm certainly no expert on the shaker stuff but could you use different engine mounts that might lower things by 1/2 to 1 inch? Otherwise I only know about changing the intake or removing the carb spacer. Is there a way you could manipulate how the setup mounts on the engine...like carefully bend the air cleaner mounting area so it will sit lower?

Thanks all. The wheels are Bonspeeds, somewhat expensive but first class operation - 19" x 8" front and 20" x 10" rear. As for shaker height, the air cleaner base has already been modified, carb spacer gone, intake milled and engine as low as it can go.