Sign in to follow this  
Daves69Coupe

LED headlights

i bought a set of those a while back. they didn't fit well. im glad they didn't because my car is green so the blue halo would've looked weird. they might look cool on a black or blue car. if you can get them with a white halo, that would look better IMO. I thought it was cool then, but now I kinda think it looks cheesy lol. i never actually installed them so they might actually look cool on your car.

You can buy the cheeper H2 style headlights i believe it is, and then have the Halos, or Angel Eyes installed or do it yourself.....will end up costing you around 400-500 bucks when its all said and done tho....if you have some one else do it for you.

The Tri Beam headlights can be found for around 150.00 then the Halos will cost you another 2-300 depending on what brand you go with, then install and Chaching you just spent enough to pay for a roller Cam Setup, or perhaps 1 aluminum head :P

But they do look COOL...Oh they generally are only on when you are sitting STILL otherwise you cant really see them LOL

Mike

First of all, angel eye lights belong on RICERS!!!!! Why dont you go put some chrome trim all over your car, jk. We drive some of the nicest musclecars ever produced so I would only do reaLLY tastefull mods but to each his own. If I saw a 69 goin down the road all riced out it would piss me off. And at the $200 remark that its only lights, its not only lights its you vision and your safety. If you love your car you would make sure it was as safe as possible so you dont smack a deer or worse. Anyway, I paid a little over $300 for all 4 of my lights with a wiring harness and relays and love em more than hids.

First of all, angel eye lights belong on RICERS!!!!! Why dont you go put some chrome trim all over your car, jk.

First of all, like I said, I only bought them. I never actually installed them because I thought they would look horrible. Second, chrome trim all over my car does sound like a good idea :shifty: maybe some chrome trim on the top edge of the fenders....oh yea lol

If you put HID's in cars that don't have the "Real" housings to properly aim the beam (i.e. - just sticking HID bulbs in the H4 housing), you are BLINDING other drivers, plain and simple. The light scatters in every direction and there is no way of controlling it. It's like driving with your high beams on to oncoming drivers.

It's dangerous and illegal in most states.

LED lights are just plain wrong on a vintage car IMO.

I've got vintage 70/80's Cibie' 55/65W H4 outer lamps and GE 100W Aircraft Landing Lights for High Beams in the grill.

The Cibie's I've got are # 57-28-02 which are DOT legal for motorcycles but technically not for cars (appear to be the same as current H4 E-Code spec # 5.75-HCR).

The Aircraft Landing Lights were a COP trick back when cars had round headlights and have never been street legal. However today's cops don't realize what they are and as long as you only use them with no other cars in sight you should not have any problems. GE # 24742 / 4537 is what I've got (still available).

Both these lights require a custom 14 Ga. wiring harness with relays & fuses ... use the factory wiring only to activate the relays.

Anyway ... bottom line is my '69 still has better lighting on both LO & HI beam than my 2011 with it's factory HID's ... so much for technology !!

Doug

Any problems with those 100W bulbs and heat? I'd think they'd get pretty hot and possibly melt the plastic grille. Maybe the buckets protect the grille, not sure.

Where'd you get your Cibie lights? I know Daniel Stern Lighting carries them but not sure who else. I have one bulb and need to find another so I can upgrade my sealed beams

Any problems with those 100W bulbs and heat? I'd think they'd get pretty hot and possibly melt the plastic grille. Maybe the buckets protect the grille, not sure.

Where'd you get your Cibie lights? I know Daniel Stern Lighting carries them but not sure who else. I have one bulb and need to find another so I can upgrade my sealed beams

Never had heat problems with the ACLL's, then again car is usually moving (got air flow) when you'd have reason to have them on. Since they draw a lot of power, it is good to have the alternator spinning above idle RPM too.

I've had these Cibie lights since the 80's ... at that time you could buy them at any auto parts store. As I was posting, I was curious if they were still available and found the Daniel Stern site as well as a few others.

Doug

jesus! where can i get some brighter lights! lol. i dont really want anything fancy. ive been looking into getting a better lighting system for awhile now but i havent gotten into anything too deep. what would you suggest for a simple swap?