Sign in to follow this  
428scj

Have you ever seen these emblems

All non-mach cars got them on the fenders since they did not have a hood scoop to put them on.They are not reproduced yet and might not be since they are so rare.I just bought the one in the photo from perogies for $99.00 .First one I have ever seen.I must say yours is the first 351 I have seen.

All non-mach cars got them on the fenders since they did not have a hood scoop to put them on.They are not reproduced yet and might not be since they are so rare.I just bought the one in the photo from perogies for $99.00 .First one I have ever seen.I must say yours is the first 351 I have seen.

I've never seen those badges before. Other than the Boss cars, I didn't think 69's wore their displacement on their fenders. Maybe it's unique to Canadian (or Aussie) Fords? Does the box show a part number?

edit: Ok, 428scj answered the question while I was posting :)

I learn something new every day! On page 138 of the Mustang Recognition Guide there is a picture of a red Sportsroof with the badge. It's too late tonight but I can scan it and post it later if anyone wants to see it!

Edited by 69RavenConv

I've never seen those badges before. Other than the Boss cars, I didn't think 69's wore their displacement on their fenders. Maybe it's unique to Canadian (or Aussie) Fords? Does the box show a part number?

edit: Ok, 428scj answered the question while I was posting :)

I learn something new every day! On page 138 of the Mustang Recognition Guide there is a picture of a red Sportsroof with the badge. It's too late tonight but I can scan it and post it later if anyone wants to see it!

Edited by 69RavenConv

I was lucky enough to get a set of replacements for my '69 convertible, built in Metuchen. This was before my re-paint , ...in 1991. They came in a nice little Ford box. They glue on, no holes in fender. I seem to remember that the backs had a black tape strip that was removed prior to installation.

They go below the script as shown in Hawkdriver's photo. I seem to remember the 6's did not have them.

Have not seen them available for many years. Have heard about people using the (modified) hood scoop tags. Would not be correct, but better than nothing.

JIM

I was lucky enough to get a set of replacements for my '69 convertible, built in Metuchen. This was before my re-paint , ...in 1991. They came in a nice little Ford box. They glue on, no holes in fender. I seem to remember that the backs had a black tape strip that was removed prior to installation.

They go below the script as shown in Hawkdriver's photo. I seem to remember the 6's did not have them.

Have not seen them available for many years. Have heard about people using the (modified) hood scoop tags. Would not be correct, but better than nothing.

JIM

I have only ever seen 351 badges like that, both in person and for sale. I am pretty sure it wasn't just on scoopless Machs also as I know of several cases where it was factory on a Grande. To the best of my knowledge the pic that Angel shows is the correct location. That doesn't mean that the ones hawk posted are not factory the way ford haphazzardly located things like this sometime but I am pretty sure that it is mislocated.

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi?type=search&line=1262337098&pic=/1969/1969_00059_10

I have only ever seen 351 badges like that, both in person and for sale. I am pretty sure it wasn't just on scoopless Machs also as I know of several cases where it was factory on a Grande. To the best of my knowledge the pic that Angel shows is the correct location. That doesn't mean that the ones hawk posted are not factory the way ford haphazzardly located things like this sometime but I am pretty sure that it is mislocated.

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi?type=search&line=1262337098&pic=/1969/1969_00059_10

There could very well be variances by manufacture plant or even by line person but I am pretty sure this is the correct location. I think this is even where the assembly manual shows it in the exploded diagram.

1969_00059_10.jpg