rd49221

Finally Making Some Progress.....

That's going to be one sweet ride when your done. Good job on the engine compartment.

Thanks! Not in the same category as your work, but I may contact you for parts/pieces when I get to the interior......

It is really taking shape! I like the rad. / fan set-up along with the slick engine bay. I agree with everyone, VERY NICE! Got to be fun playing with nice clean parts, and getting to put them on for the last time, looks like a bunch of fun.

It is really taking shape! I like the rad. / fan set-up along with the slick engine bay. I agree with everyone, VERY NICE! Got to be fun playing with nice clean parts, and getting to put them on for the last time, looks like a bunch of fun.

Yeah, it's a great feeling to see things coming together. Fitting the parts initially is a lot of work, but seeing the parts finally on is really feels good.

Installed Scott Drake 22 gal stainless tank. Good product. Finished well.

Car is really looking good, I know it's satisfying when you start seeing all the not so fun work pay off. Congratulations, and thanks for sharing.

PS I have those same valve covers, and it's nice to them on the engine, cause I'm not to that point yet. They look awesome :thumbup:

Bossed

Made more progress today. Engine installed. Good clearance between March system and fans. The air filter element is artificially high - the dropped base wont fit carb. May have to fab something to make it work.

Making some progress in the engine bay. Plug wires in. Master cylinder and booster just fit. The headers had to be "tweaked" slightly to allow for socket clearance to plugs.

Next step is to install AOD trans. The trans has been rebuilt with the good AOD-E stuff, solid input shaft, Alto clutch pack and Lentech valve body.

Is it documented here? I looked but didn't see anything :(

Bob

Bob, you're right, I didn't document the fab work. The hoop was put in in December of last year, and I mentioned that in the post of 12/10/12. You can also see the rest of the supports in the post on 2/20/13. That post was mostly about the Lizard Skin, though. The rollbar wasn't a kit. The hoop was purchased, but the rest was fabbed to fit the car. The hoop is welded to the subframe connectors through the floor. The side supports are welded to a tube that was welded across the back in back of where the trap door to the trunk would have been.

I can take some more pics, but probably cant post them until next week.

Made more progress recently.

-Trans installed. cross member mounted, shifter installed

-Lots of plumbing. Brake lines complete, fuel line complete, carb linkage and tv cable installed. Trans cooler lines run.

-MSD box installed

We tried to keep everything low in the engine bay. Most everything is attached to the sub frame rails.

Back on it's feet again. Its been a long time. I really like the stance. It's low.

Installed remote power steering reservoir and driveshaft. Ordered the driveshaft from Shaun at Street or Track

http://www.streetortrack.com/Custom-length-aluminum-driveshaft-pr-16159.html.

Shaun was great to work with and the driveshaft was delivered in less than a week.

So, at this time I have all the mechanical stuff pretty well done. Looking forward to getting some color on the body.

Edited by rd49221