Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burritoboi5

My 69 Coupe Prject Thread

Well. For those of you that saw my other thread, I've been having some trouble with my engine rebuild on account of some machining problems. But I bought a drill press today. Hey Hey Hey. Very worthwhile investment. Maybe progress pics tomorow.....We'll see if I work on the car or not. Now that schools out I have to start working so we'll see if I have time tomorow or not for the pony. :gunsmilie:

Hey guys. Got the motor preoblems figured out so I'll be picking that up tomorow :flowers:

And in the meantime I've welded in the front frame rail, torque box, floor support, and fabbed up the subframe connector. I still need to weld it all in underneath but am saving all the laying on my back with molten steel raining down for another day. In any case it is starting to look pretty DAMN GOOD :taz:

The subframe connectors are just capped and double gusseted for strength. Hope you all like the progress I'm making and where the hell is BLACKGMC??? eh corey???

DSCN0880.jpg

subframe connector

DSCN0882.jpg

Gussets and subframe in place

DSCN0884.jpg

What it's all starting to look like

WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOO got my motor back today and assembled :batman:

Just awaiting a car to put it in and some small things like plugs, necks, sensors and then it should be good to go.

BEFORE

DSC_0080.jpg

AFTER/PRESENT

DSCN0887.jpg

Here's what $4750 dollars and a LOT of work look like. :rolleyes:

That engine looks pretty sweet! What pistons did you go with? And manifold, I'd rather not read through all 14 pages for something that might not even be there. I wish I had half of the dedication you have to my project. I hope to have a practically new engine,tranny, and rearend in it by the end of the year. At least the body/structural side of it doesn't need much, I'd be really screwed if that was the case.

Yeah no worries. The rundown on the engine is as follows.

started by boring it over .030

-World products sr. windsor heads

-edelbrock performer RPM intake manifold

-Moroso electric water pump

-comp camps roller lifter

-comp cam 284 lift by 110 separation

-Lunati pushrods

-Comp cams pro street roller rockers

-stock block

-stock crankshaft

-Probe forged pistons

-Probe forged H-beam style connecting rods

-Holley 650 CFM 4 barrel double pumper

-high flow oil pump

-comp timing set

All this will be mated to a T5 with the possibility of a supercharger in the future. :gunsmilie:

WEll......I lost two of my garages for storage so the last few days were spent putting together a table in my garage and moving some parts over. But as far as the car goes I got the driver side framerail welded in along with radiator crossbrace and am waiting on the inner fender apron to put in the actual radiator crossmember. I also got the driver side subframe connector welded in and am in the process of acquiring some front suspension parts. Here are some pics though.

Front end

DSC_0059.jpg

Subframe connectors

DSC_0071.jpg

New garage setup

DSC_0060.jpg

Convincing another stubborn frame piece :tank:

DSC_0079.jpg

Well....I got some more work done today. Got the inner fender in and the radiator crossmember in. Now I'm just waiting on the strut braces before I can clean and paint the front end :001_tt1: WOooHoooo

Thing is I called NPD, Mustangs Unlimited, and Virginia Classic and all said they wouldn't have strut braces untill august. So I cruised over to ebay and found some from laurel mtn mustangs and ordered em. PLus they're located in PA and should get here pretty quickly. I also ordered some new stock replacement control arms from them and a front end rebuild kit.

Tomorow I plan on calling to order my coilover suspension conversion, steering rebuild kit, and also a disc brake swap setup. Progress is coming along nicely and I am highly motivated to keep going.

here's the suspension I'm going with, called today, they are VERY NICE people and I look forward to doing business with them.

http://www.casuspension.com/pages/PRODUCTSPAGE.html

WOhooo :gunsmilie:

PS sorry the pics are kinda dark

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement Stephen. BTW we have the same name and you even spell it the right way.

Speaking of nice coupes you have one yourself :rockon:

I was reading back a post or two and noticed someone commend my dedication. It's funny how much work I'm putting into a car I have never even driven before :devil: Gonna be all worth it though the first time that engine fires.

And yeah it should make a little more power than the 2 bbl :devil:

Hey guys. Well, this morning was spent changing out the brakes on my friends nissan frontier so I wasn't able to get any work done untill later in the afternoon. But I managed to do some more structural welding underneat and get both side floor pans tacked in along with the rear middle pan. Which I decided it would just be easiest to cut out the old and weld in the new. Noticing a trend here? :gunsmilie: ANyways here are the pictures. Only thing is you have to be a damned gymnist to get in and out of the car now:pinch:

DSCN0888.jpg

DSCN0889.jpg

DSCN0890.jpg

Thanks Corey. Hopefully you'll get the whole eye thing worked out soon and be back to wrenching on the stang. I'll probably post some more pictures late this afternoon bc I'm hoping to have the major floor pans tacked in and then finish weld them maybe tomorow morning. But last night I got the passenger side all finished up and the driver side cleaned up so I can actually go to work on it with fresh metal today.

Good deal, one piece of advice, if you have not experienced it yet, is to space out the welds that attach the floorpan to the rocker. I tried to do continous tacks/bead and I ended up with some warpage on the rocker inner panel. Maybe I just had the heat setting up too high..

Thanks about the eye thing, it is pretty much healed and I have a got my vision back, but I will have a scar on my eye for several months and the doc said to say away from welding for a few months so it does not get irritated..

Well....I got all of the floors done. All finish welded and sealed up woot woot. And some of my suspension parts came along with some of the brake conversion. So I started removing the rearend but it was really hard to get out so I gave in for the day. But I also managed to get the front strut braces in so after I patch one small rust area near the fuel tank and get the rearend out I can powerwash the car and por15 the undercarriage and engine bay. :tank: I'm driving to mustangs unlimited tomorow and airgas to get some more parts and some more argon. :thumbup:

seems like I kicked up a little bit of a shit storm here......:devil:

Sorry guys forgot to add that as of yesterday all the panels are tide together, beads all around, and that I also got the rearend out. Tomorow I'll mount up the seats. I'm gonna mount them a few inches back from stock though because I'm a pretty big guy.

I'm gonna mount them a few inches back from stock though because I'm a pretty big guy.

Sounds likes a plan, are you using stock seats? If so the stockers sit on a 10-12 degree angle, just incase you wanted to know.