Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burritoboi5

My 69 Coupe Prject Thread

Ok OK..... I know I promised a vid.....but I got distracted today.

In any case, the fenders/body is back on the car and part of my order from Virginia Classic came in. So tomorow I can get back to work on wiring/seatbelts/hood scoop. Well maybe not tomorow because I have some other stuff to do all day.

I do have footage of the car in motion....but no cable for the Comp to CAmcorder so I'll try to borrow a friends tomorow or the next day. But I got in a test drive today and it was awesome. Got some thumbs up from some guys pruning trees on our street.

The clutch was a bit tight at first but it's feeling a lot better now. And I stalled a few times before I realized that I was trying to shift at 1300 rpm and even though the car sounded like it was blazing, that it actually wasnt and that I just dont have any mufflers :tongue_smilie:

I need a posi now though for my 8.8 anyone have one from a 9 inch with 28 splines? I say I need one because I had no trouble spinning one tire and putting the car sideways in second gear. This new engine is friggin awesome.

Here are some teaser pics for mister Bnickel with a video to follow soon I hope.

So Many SWITCHes

DSC_0105.jpg

Before Paint

DSC_0107.jpg

During Paint

DSC_0113.jpg

Engine Bay with aircleaner

DSC_0118.jpg

AND..... after a 30$ paint job......

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

It looks pretty good from 20-30 feet so it should get me through the summer then I'll have it professionally done next winter/fall when I'm at school.

I'm pretty pleased with how things are coming along, feel free to post comments and suggestions.

Cheers.

oh man i wish i had a scanner. that looks almost exactly like my car looked in high school, it had a homegrown red paint job with a flat black hood and black GT wheels with no hub caps, so the effect was almost exactly the same. trippin!!!!

looks good BTW

Hahahaha o wouldn't you like to know :shifty:

The top row is

-ignition

-fan

-fuel

-water

-accessory

Bottom row is

-lights

-high beams

-line lock power

-bootleg lights (kills the tails)

-hazards

I'll probably move the lights/.high beam to stock switch and add a starter kill switch hidden somewhere but untill then this is how its setup.

That's just kooky man. One hell of a way to substitute for heat and sounds. Or does a hidden radio come on with the light switch and the high beam one changes stations?

Was that your brain child or was it wired that way when ya got it?

That's just kooky man. One hell of a way to substitute for heat and sounds. Or does a hidden radio come on with the light switch and the high beam one changes stations?

Was that your brain child or was it wired that way when ya got it?

gives it sort of a pro-stock/mad max quality huh?

I love shadowfast :D

i know you do. i seem to be the only one that wasn't all that impressed, but then again a lot of that stuff is old hat to me, i've know quite a few old bootleggers, or other people that knew them that knew all the tricks. you'd be surprised at the people you meet when you live in houston or at least the part of it i lived in anyway. it was a long time ago when i lived there but i can still remember some of the stories those old guys told me. learned a lot of those same tricks from the street racers in other places i've lived too. there are even some old bootleggers around here where i live now, and from what i understand there are still a few "practicing" ones too. :shifty:

The car is looking great man.

After seeing that I have an idea that I've tried to steer away from. I think i'm going to paint my car, trim and bumpers all the color of my choice then go with a black wheel with a polished lip. Hmmmm..............

Thanks for the input and compliments guys it means alot coming from people who actually know about our cars.

Aw4g63 - I think the paint scheme you were thinking of could look pretty darn good....so long as it isn't painted yellow/or some other light color. Be sure to post some pics :D

Damn Bnick.... I may just have to rattle can my trim black now.... I like how that sounds.......

take my advice...get another set of trim to do it to, it's a bitch to get off once it's painted. i spent days getting all the paint off mine and the repolishing them....it sucked. if your trim isn't in great shape right now, then it's probably not going to be a big deal, if it's in good shape definitely get another set to paint.

Well, I'm digging it, burritoboi. Especially the way you have it wired, lol. Of course, my taste in things has been generally suspect around here, but now at least I have some company!

Thanks R4K I appreciate the compliments. On the topic of wiring, I got the parking lights(marker lights) wired and front and rear turn signals. I'm still waiting on some bulb housings but once I finish up the brake switch/brake lights tomrow then really the only wiring left is to correct some gauge issues I'm having. Beyond that it's pretty much done on that front.

Hopefully some parts will come and I can get my windshield put in by the end of the week.

Apparently I need to straighten out this bumper issue I'm having though if I want to mount my front signal lights.

I think tomorow I will tackle the brake lights/brake switch/ front signals/clean up the under dash a little and mount my fuse box then also rebuild the clutch pedal because I conceptualized a better idea for it today. :euro:

Best wishes boys

Steve.

Ok so maybe the video isn't very good but I threw it together in the last ten minutes so if you don't like it too damn bad.

Come spring time I'll get the car registered and then move on to install a roll cage with racing harnesses.

Then exhaust

Side windows

Interior

Emergency brake

Have it professionally painted next winter