Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burritoboi5

My 69 Coupe Prject Thread

Well. Went up to mustangs unlimited today and picked up a shelby styled side exhaust, some CAT headers and an off road H-pipe. Along with some other smaller stuff i.e. water fittings, hoses, engine mounts, adhesive and seam sealer. So tomorw I'll try to finish up some cowl repairs then hopefully finish off my seat mounts so I can move to sealing the floor and laying down sound proofer. Also ordered my trans today from modern driveline. Went wih the 450 hp package.

Most of the day was spent driving though or fabbing a light bar for my friend's frontier. I'll post some progress pics tomorow assuming the technology cooperates.

haha yeah its nice to go and get some clean new parts.

Today I was able to make some brackets and mock in the new radiator (it's for a big block car) I also mounted up my electric fan and checked for clearance.

Then made seat mounts for the rear seat and used some seam sealer on the entire floor pan area.

Did some rust repair on the upper cowl/windshield mount area and am pleased to say that is the end of the rust repair.

So tomorow I plan on doing some touchup painting, mount some accessories on the engine and maybe one other small task before I clean out to garage and pack everything up untill october.

I leave for school this friday so tomorow is going to be my last day to get some work done.

DSC_0026.jpg

Hey all. Well....Mustang progress is done untill october. As of now..... the car has

-suspension

-fuel

-brakes

-structural work done.

I cleaned up the garage for the last time and hung some body panels on the car so that the garage will have more space come winter time.

As of now though a lot of progress has been made since I started and I know I certainly learned a lot. Hopefully come christmas the car will fire and then summer I can get it on the road. I spun the oil pump on the block and rotated it a few times before duct taping any holes over and sealing it up in plastic. Here are some pictures of it as I left it.

The WHIP

DSC_0061.jpg

The Tools

DSC_0063.jpg

Shop helpers

DSC_0057-1.jpg

Sounds like a plan! I bet your family is glad you cleaned the garage up and got those "damn mustang parts" out of the way.... Oh wait thats mine that usually says that. At least for now you could just push it and Ghost Ride.. the whip.:scooter:

It feels good to make progress and heres looking forward to future completion bro!

And maybe people are just overlooking the progress forum? I know i missed your original update :turned:

looking good. i've been so busy with mine the last couple of weeks i haven't been able to spend much time on the board, but it's done other than a few bugs to work out, the ps pump decided to fry yesterday and i do mean fry, it got so hot it boiled the paint off the pump, my headlight switch is jicky and has to be in just the right spot for the headlights and taillights to work and the tranny isn't wanting to shift into 3rd for some reason, i think it's the vacuum modulator though, so that will hopefully take care of it. the car still needs to be buffed and waxed, so no pics yet.

Hahhaha ghost riding the whip. My roomate will love that one.

Yeah Bnickel I've been reading up on your plumbing/car problems. Just be sure to get us some pics asap bud. Up here all the cars I'm seeing are students in CRV's and camrys who think theyre the latest and greatest because they're sophmores. :beta1: college

Hahhaha ghost riding the whip. My roomate will love that one.

Yeah Bnickel I've been reading up on your plumbing/car problems. Just be sure to get us some pics asap bud. Up here all the cars I'm seeing are students in CRV's and camrys who think theyre the latest and greatest because they're sophmores. :beta1: college

well believe it or not we had everything ready to go to the show on saturday but it was raining so we didn't bother to buff it or anything and as we were doing the final checks before we put it on the road the ps pump decided to lock up so that ended the day, we did go to the show, just without the car. i'm guessing the car didn't want to be driven in the rain that day. anyone who says cars don't have feelings has never owned a classic before. LOL

oh yeah, i'll have pics later this week once i rest up some and get out and actually get it buffed and waxed.

hehehe, yessir I couldn't agree with you more. But that's what makes them so appealing to me is their personality. I'll be looking forward to seeing those pics once you get her all waxed and shined up.

Was wondering if I could get your guys opinion on something. I'm trying to figure out what seat type I have and am beginning to think they are 69 mach 1 seats, what do you think?

Mach 1 style

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=MC69BLK+01

My seats

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=2485&page=16

I was wondering if you could do me a favor and tell me what size lumber you used on your body dolly(size and length of the pieces), and where it is attached to the car? I need to make one, and yours looks as good as any. Getting under my car right now to measure things is a problem, but I will be pulling the car out of the garage so I can organize the garage, and that would be a great time for me to put the car on a dolly, if I have it already built.

Thanks,

Russ

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can get one going soon.

Where is the dolly located? if you really don't want yours anymore I would happily take it if it is near here (Akron Ohio).

Thanks,

Russ

CT huh. Well I might be going to Stamford for job training if I get a job I interviewed for yesterday, but I doubt if I could bring the dolly on the plane back. :-)

I am going to see if I can splurge and buy the material this weekend to build one. I really appreciate the measurements!

Russ

My trans came a few days ago :D Looks like over october break 12th-17th I will be assembling the trans and getting the engine in, then putting on exhaust and seeing if I can wire it up enough to get it to crank :D Fingers crossed boys...fingers crossed.......I've got about 5k in this engine.......

My trans came a few days ago :D Looks like over october break 12th-17th I will be assembling the trans and getting the engine in, then putting on exhaust and seeing if I can wire it up enough to get it to crank :D Fingers crossed boys...fingers crossed.......I've got about 5k in this engine.......