Kris

Door window stop repair?

How have any of you guys repaired the door window stop / guide? The felt or whatever the material was on mine are gone. It looks like the cloth part was held on by a piece of metal that’s just bent over itself and is riveted to the bracket. Any pictures would be awesome. Thanks

3D9965A6-BCAC-4FB6-AD6C-C4EC1392C988.jpeg

You know, I did repair those.  I'm trying to remember what I did but I believe these rest or slide against the glass and need to be soft correct?  Pictures might be impossible to find, but I'll go look.  In the meantime.... I believe I put some kind of padding on the bar (I cannot remember what), and then found a thick felt cloth.  I used I believe silicone to glue the pad down and also to glue the felt to the pad.  I let the cloth wrap around the bar and stuck it well on all sides around the bar best I can remember.

1 hour ago, Kris said:

I got it done. I blasted it all to clean it up. Then bent the edges up and contact cemented Velcro down. Then hammered the metal lip back down to help hold it in place. I also redipped the rubber on the ends of all the stops.

Nice!

Not sure on the thickness. It was just some extra I had laying around I used for something else. I just made sure it was thick enough to stick up past the pinched edges once they were hammered back down.