TomM

3pt Belts for 70 FB

10 hours ago, Cantedvalve said:

I don’t like the look of replacement 3 point belts with the way it loops up then down, so I’m doing something that I think looks better.  Safer and better looking... yeah that works for me.

Show us pictures of your creation when you're done please. 

Will do.  I plan on it being like @JeffTepper if I am lucky.  I'll do a write up on it as well.

Jeff, how did you get the belt hardware through that narrow slot in the quarter panel?  I know the trim has a slot to fit around the belt, but the upper anchor and lower anchors wont necessarily fit, will they?

The slot in the quarter panel trim needed to be wide enough for the belt hardware to pass through.  I forget the exact dimension but careful measuring and cutting with a dremel was the key.  The rectangular escutcheon fills in the excess "air" and covers up the slot nicely while still being wide enough for the belt to extend without binding.

2 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

20181120_142608.jpg

In a car without a roll cage, I've been wondering- in this first picture the end of the belt has a long bracket; Is the intent to allow you to attach to the stock belt position but then rotate the bracket back and down to make it easier to get into the back seat? Or would you prefer to move the attachment point to the rear?

In the Juliano article for the custom installation it looked like the attachment point might have been moved rearward but it wasn't mentioned.

Ahhh. I see what you did there.  You put the nut on the pillar because the roll bar was in the way.  And that will fit under the quarter trim?  Curious to see where you slot the trim.i am assuming the reel can’t pivot, so it won’t bang into the trim panel?

I think you have inspired me.

1 hour ago, Cantedvalve said:

Ahhh. I see what you did there.  You put the nut on the pillar because the roll bar was in the way.  And that will fit under the quarter trim?  Curious to see where you slot the trim.i am assuming the reel can’t pivot, so it won’t bang into the trim panel?

I think you have inspired me.

look at Juliano's article on a custom 70 Mustang installation