Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Cantedvalve last won the day on September 15

Cantedvalve had the most liked content!

About Cantedvalve

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    -Huntertown, IN
  • Interests
    Mustang, Wife, Kids (not necessarily in that order)


  • Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
  • Interests
    Mustangs, the kids, and annoying my wife... not necessarily in that order
  • Occupation
    Accounting guru

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Cantedvalve

    1970 Fastback

    I got the adjuster done. Took 3 hours. I’m slow. Anyway here it is. I got a 1/4” turnbuckle with eye bolts and some 1/4” rod from Lowe’s. I cut the loops off and welded the rod on. A bit of scrap 1/8” steel later, and I have my adjuster. I need a left hand thread nut yet.
  2. Cantedvalve

    1970 Fastback

    No... just the driver side for now. I did buy 2 subs with the intention of doing both sides, but I am going to do the one and see how it works first.
  3. Cantedvalve

    1970 Fastback

    Test fit the driver seat with the subwoofer under it. Found an obstruction. The seat track adjuster - that funky looking thing that connects the track levers together so they operate as one. That adjuster is just low enough to scrape the top of the sub. So, I am devising a connector that is about 1/2" higher so that I can clear subwoofer. Other than that, it fits great! no pics... hopefully tomorrow.
  4. Cantedvalve

    What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

    @nickjames138 I’m working on a 1970, so already have bolt in glass. I’m not doing a full restoration, just some mods and cleanup. My gauge cluster is a stock 1970, I just cleaned it up and painted it. The chrome was gone, so nothing lost.
  5. Cantedvalve

    3pt Belts for 70 FB

    So yeah... that part number when searched for on the website is a nut and a bolt kit.
  6. I have a pair of 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust pipes from Flowmaster that I dont want or need. They are new (might be a bit dusty), never installed, and sitting in my garage. $100 takes them. Here is the link of Flowmaster's site: Flowmaster Tailpipes
  7. Cantedvalve

    I got another project car

    Its exhilarating to just buy random parts and see if they fit! I did the same with my current radiator... JUST fits between the frame rails! "Happy little accidents" as Bob Ross might say.
  8. Cantedvalve

    Stripped sheet metal holes

    I'm right there with you Len. I think this is Wurth: https://www.wurthusa.com/
  9. Cantedvalve

    Stripped sheet metal holes

    You have nailed the correct way of fixing them. Weld and redrill. You COULD do an expoxy instead of welding, but if the car is completely stripped, why not do it right? I will be doing the epoxy as my car is NOT stripped down right now, otherwise I would weld. Bandaid fixes include some sort of thick but malleable goo that can help old the screw in place. Maybe larger screws.
  10. Cantedvalve

    3pt Belts for 70 FB

    What length belts do you use with your plates?
  11. Cantedvalve

    1970 Fastback

    So not much to report. Test fit the front carpet, it fits fine, the back edge (closest to the seats) it’s wildly uneven. I’ll have to trim that up. Also thinking about binding the edge. Not sure if that would work on this carpet or not. The back has it at that front edge that overlaps the front I know that the edge I want to trim isn’t supposed to show. Maybe it isn’t worth it. Put new Dynamat down in the tray. What weld? I dont see no welds! Hopefully tomorrow I can clean up the rest of the floor and put the rear carpet in.
  12. Cantedvalve

    1970 Fastback

    So I got the opportunity to weld the tray in tonight. I of course cleaned out and painted the floor under the seat riser before welding in the tray. I am not going to bother grinding down the welds. They aren't the prettiest, but they are solid, and they will be covered with Dynamat and carpet when all said and done. Nobody will ever see them. and after it got some satin black... Next is to get the Dynamat on and figure out how I am going to carpet it.
  13. Cantedvalve

    Show off your home brew tools!

    I think I am going to do a few things with this bender. First, I’m going to reinforce the clamp bar with another piece of angle iron on the back side. Second, I’m going to figure a way to mount the bed bar better instead of simple C clamps on each end. those should help enough... we will see.
  14. Cantedvalve

    Show off your home brew tools!

    Okay I think I understand. So the bender portion, make it shorter.