stangs-R-me

Picture of my car is the header of CJP Tire section

Have been looking at wheels on their site for the past couple of weeks, but thought I'd see what tires they offer, if anything more that what they offer on the drop down menu for the wheels/tire packages.

There is what appears to be an orange Mach 1 at the top of the tire section ... but the closer I looked at the picture, I realized it is MY car / picture that the "GT" emblems have been removed from the center caps as has the L-P bracket !!   

http://www.cjponyparts.com/1969-mustang-tires/c/60210080/

category-header-mustang-tires_early.thumb.jpg.0a863e8c4949f3843a0a84382b2f129b.jpg 

Pretty cool !!

Doug

Original picture:

DSCN0101.JPG

A & D,

Obviously not if I did not know anything about it until stumbling across it today, guessing the pic came from the old Gallery from this site that I posted in 2011.

Does not bother me, but I think I will contact them to see how they ended up with it and how long it's been on their site ... if anyone really knows.

Doug

2 hours ago, stangs-R-me said:

A & D,

Obviously not if I did not know anything about it until stumbling across it today, guessing the pic came from the old Gallery from this site that I posted in 2011.

Does not bother me, but I think I will contact them to see how they ended up with it and how long it's been on their site ... if anyone really knows.

Doug

You do have a right of fair compensation! for use of your property! I would pursue it.

Never knew the "Theft Protection for your Mustang" thread would apply to you eh?

What they did is wrong and violates copyright law.  As somebody who works in the web marketing industry - no, you're not due tons of money in damages, and pursuing it would probably not be worth it financially.  You could make a claim, but your legal costs / stress / annoyance / etc. would far out weigh any benefit.  It might be worth it to pursue some "in store credit" from them or something.  At best, make sure they know you know and they need to do something about it.   If you keep it light-hearted, they may respond in kind. 

18 hours ago, MustangRanch said:

Never knew the "Theft Protection for your Mustang" thread would apply to you eh?

What they did is wrong and violates copyright law.  As somebody who works in the web marketing industry - no, you're not due tons of money in damages, and pursuing it would probably not be worth it financially.  You could make a claim, but your legal costs / stress / annoyance / etc. would far out weigh any benefit.  It might be worth it to pursue some "in store credit" from them or something.  At best, make sure they know you know and they need to do something about it.   If you keep it light-hearted, they may respond in kind. 

This is how I figured I'd approach it, thanks for reinforcing my thinking.   If I get something out of it like a free t-shirt, gift card, or RPM points great ... if not ... oh well.   

Just ordered a set of the Legendary GT9 ('69 Shelby) wheels from them using a 5% coupon they threw my way for re-subscribing to their mailing list ... thought I'd park the car with the NEW wheels in the same exact spot, snap a new pic, and ask if they want to update the photo !!

Doug

2 hours ago, Raven R code said:

You should get 30% off those tires! Just saying.....

They wanted $700 ($665 w/ 5% discount) to add a set of 4 225/60-15 BFG Radial T/A's mounted & balanced to the wheels.   I found them elsewhere for $516 delivered and my local shop will mount them for $80~100, which is $69~49 cheaper that CJP  ... so I got a little discount NOT buying tires through them.   There is also a $50 BFG mail in rebate that expires 9/12 that I could have possibly missed had I ordered thru them ... wheels are not stocked (special order / supposedly 5-7 days L-T), with my luck they would have shipped / invoiced me after the 12th and I'd of missed out on that additional $50.

I just wanted to get all this going right away while Labor Day sales were on; I'll work on CJP later for some kind of discount, gift card, RPM points, or T-Shirt ... for the use of my photo.   Doubt it will amount to 30% off a set of tires ($210 in this case), but we'll just have to wait and see.   

Doug