RPM

Headlight Bucket Color

After looking at my brothers 69 SCJ Mach 1 the other day, I'm questioning the paint on my headlight buckets. On his, the inner portion of the bucket being the grille and inner light is painted black which matches the radiator support and grille. I'm positive the yahoo who painted mine had no idea of the color locations of black paint on Mustangs. While my car is far from concours correct, I'm not really into goofy stuff. Should I go to the effort and paint them black, or forget about it? Tanks.

l.jpg

If it was me yes I would.

from the factory the black was applied with a brush and was sloppy. I know as I took pictures of mine as it was originally.

because that area gets dirty and look crappy if you don't clean it, it was easier for me to paint those areas black so they don't look as bad over time with bugs and dirt...etc

bob

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

Yep they were painted very sloppy black,runs and drips .i used to do my cars concours ,and believe it or not ,all the sloppy aplied paint and paint dabs and over spray looks quite good when done the way the factory did it

I have seen the "overspray black", looked as though bucket was on when spraying the rad support and caught a full width paint fan

With runs, overspray and a generally bad job from the factory, I'm thinking my skills are right in line for a concours job! Got her done, had to use a small brush to do some minor touch up due to less than optimum paint nozzle angle. I'm just hoping I can get the headlight spring properly installed with the bucket installed. 

What's the consensus on silver radiators or painting them black?

Thanks guys!

l blackout.jpg