Guillaume69

Do they have Barns in France?

Answer is yes!

And what do you find in barns? Old Mustangs...

This one is a rare export (DSO 90). Even in the 60's, Mustangs being our "exotics", they were way more expensive on this side of the pond, and therefore were exclusive to wealthy people. All imported cars were the same "standard": GT, fully loaded with all the bells and whistles. Manual transmission (always), no A/C (different climate), no console and no power steering (different habits).

Same owner from 69 to 06. Was sold to a friend by original owner in 06 and stored away until today. For sale now, somewhere in the south of France, for around $20k...

Even the air cleaner snorkel is still there. I bet the build sheet is waiting patiently somewhere in that car...

Enjoy the pics! https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/kaezias/sets/72157672360241093/

Here is the listing: https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1035907699.htm?ca=12_s

G

Nice ,love that maroon interior and black panels .

Agree, I love the maroon console in a standard interior - you don't see that a lot. And the hurst four-speed. That would be a fun project.

I'm curious about the shoulder belts - was that a European requirement or added by the owner? Convertibles didn't have those in the States.

30059138243_80c1b2f219_h.jpg

Nice tach car with only 71k (kilometers?)! What's that dangling down above the fuel gauge on the flicker picture?

Yep, Randy, the tach is in kilometers. 71,000 is around 38,000 miles. If it's original, that's pretty cool.

As far as the little add-ons, I know there were several mandatory (by law) dealer installed mods. I do not know them all, but you'll see different lights in the back, and a couple other stuff. I'll ask some who know all these by heart and get back to you guys.

What I can tell you is that those original DSO 90 Mustangs are very coveted and more collectible over here (Ford France only imported them from 65 to 73, and today again since 2015).

G

The additional horn does not count, obviously. Those are typical 80's "Tour de France" fans installed options over here. It produces a very similar kind of "honk " as the one the Dukes of Hazzard had on their General Lee. Lol!

I thought this one was imported in France, but it says "BELGIUM" on the bucking tag. I need to check if there were imports through Ford Belgium.

G

I have a very rough 67 coupe with a 90 DSO ,not sure how it wound up back in the states .It still had an export brace ,but this one had both sets of mounting holes at the cowl for the early 65 and the later 66 up .The holes are punched and not something someone drilled .This one is an A code 4 speed and had a 9 inch rear end .

Not gonna happen: it's a DSO 90! LOL

So here's what we found out: 68-69 Mustangs that were imported to France all transited through Anvers, Belgium. So it is a French girl.

http://www.ponysite.de/fmcog/to_alt/bbtd.htm

As far as the switch that was added on the instrument cluster, it's to operate the funky additional horn. They added a wire probably to avoid hacking into the main harness.

Still haven't found yet about the one on the steering column.

G