Sign in to follow this  
69volunteer

Original Dealer Invoice

Guillaume69, Looking at your window sticker at the bottom it says sold to Herb Tousley Ford in White Bear Lake Mn, & then below it says ship to Ward Motors in Irvington NJ.

Yep. It's a DSO 44 (Twin Cities).

The first dealership, where the car was ordered and sold still exists, but has changed name and is now called Auto Nation Ford, still in White Bear Lake near Minneapolis, MN. I called them to try and get info on the original owner, but they refused to help. Privacy Act, bla, bla, bla... So disappointed.

The second dealership in NJ where it was delivered no longer exists.

I suspect this car was bought by a European (Swiss?) customer and shipped straight away. It has an original odo/speedometer in km/h (nothing about it on the invoice, though). And I found it in Switzerland. No A/C, no PS, manual tranny and GT would have been the norm per early 70's Western Europe standards.

But it's only my guess...

I suspect this car was bought by a European (Swiss?) customer and shipped straight away. It has an original odo/speedometer in km/h (nothing about it on the invoice, though). And I found it in Switzerland.

Just curious, where in Switzerland did you find it and did a dealer have it?

Did you ask bout this car on another forum a few years ago before you bought it?

Hi guys, does anyone know if I can identify a dealer name from the code on the Marti report?

Car was built at Dearborn, and lists the following:

75 Phoenix Ordering District

DEALER# 75B475

Thanks for your help

Yep. It's a DSO 44 (Twin Cities).

The first dealership, where the car was ordered and sold still exists, but has changed name and is now called Auto Nation Ford, still in White Bear Lake near Minneapolis, MN. I called them to try and get info on the original owner, but they refused to help. Privacy Act, bla, bla, bla... So disappointed.

The second dealership in NJ where it was delivered no longer exists.

I suspect this car was bought by a European (Swiss?) customer and shipped straight away. It has an original odo/speedometer in km/h (nothing about it on the invoice, though). And I found it in Switzerland. No A/C, no PS, manual tranny and GT would have been the norm per early 70's Western Europe standards.

But it's only my guess...

Good old Tousley Ford.  Used to go in and sit in the Shelbys and the Cobras.  Ordered my '69 fastback from them.  Just the 4 speed and heavy duty battery.  AM radio was dealer installed and that's why it doesn't show up on the window sticker.  I tried to find out the day I picked it up I was told that they tossed stuff out after 7 years, didn't need no Privacy Act for something not around.  White Bear Lake is a suburb of St. Paul but still DSO 44.