Sign in to follow this  
rodbrady

Vintage Air Glove Compartment Error

I'm in the process of reinstalling my dash after installing the Vintage Air Gen IV unit. When I got to the glove compartment, behold, I discovered that it will not close before it bumps the evaporator unit. Anyone else experience this? Besides leaving the glove compartment box off or removing the A/C unit, any suggestions on a solution?

You might contact Vintage Air.  They should know if it will work or not.  They might know, for a fact, that the glove box will not work.  Maybe make a smaller glove box enclosure for the backside of the glove box door?

I'm in the process of reinstalling my dash after installing the Vintage Air Gen IV unit. When I got to the glove compartment, behold, I discovered that it will not close before it bumps the evaporator unit. Anyone else experience this? Besides leaving the glove compartment box off or removing the A/C unit, any suggestions on a solution?

Was your car a factory air car? Do you have the larger non-AC box or the smaller AC glove box?

Yes, I had the same issue but luckily my "Restorer" had seen the situation before and had a factory AC type glove box which he used to replace my non original AC glove box.

It made the AC install very easy!

As noted above, that is one of the REAL positives of having a forum dedicated to our cars.

BT