IMG_20150609_215233.jpg

Sitting too low in the back. The driver side is lower and the wheel got marked by the wheel well going over a large bump. I'm going to assume the rear leafs need replacing. A local shop has a set of new springs in stock (shipping here is a PITA) but they are the reverse eye one inch lowering from Scott Drake. So, I am hoping they do the job anyways. 

I can't help but think there should be a way to bolt on a mod to make this somewhat adjustable. I've read other posts about putting an adjustable coil over in place of the shock, the concensus of those posts was that this was a very bad idea. I'm wondering if these is more info out there about what didn't work for others. I believe the only thing better than learning from your mistakes is learning from the mistakes of others.

Fantastic!

My convertible's stance was almost identical to yours and a new set of standard 85 lb* leaf springs from Eaton made all the difference. You mentioned shipping costs are prohibitive but perhaps you could get your springs re-arched if they are not damaged. Or you may find the 1" drop springs perfectly acceptable, since you will still sit higher than where you are now. Most people prefer a lower, modern stance than what was the norm in 1969 anyway,

I don't know of any mods myself other than playing around with the shackles or air shocks (echh!). Perhaps others will know more.

Any mod with coil overs in the rear or air shocks puts load bearing stress on the shock's upper mounting point, whish is basically re-inforced floorboard, not built for it.

I have the mid-eye leafs on the gold car in my sig. It would help a little if you dropped the front a bit. Nice wheels and tires.

Air shocks and coil over shocks in the factory location is a bad idea .It  puts a lot of stress on the floor bracket and will cause it to crack from flexing because you have removed the weight load from the leafs and now placed it on the shock bracket .I have seen air shocks break clear through the floor bracket .If a Mustang has had air shocks or coil overs you can usually  tell from the cracks on either side of the shock access opening in the rear floor hump.

Got new mid-eye springs yesterday. Drove the car (slowly) to a shop to talk about some other issues. I can't believe almost every detail of the work done at the last place I went has to be redone. I am debating taking the matter to court. All the work they did was low quality and has to be redone. To add to that, they took the car on a joyride and destroyed the transmission. A court will certainly rule in my favor, but collecting the money would be near impossible.

I went with a Mustang II coil over in the front, and a triangulated 4 link in the rear.  All coil overs.  I had to reinforce the rear coil over shocks with a 2x3" beam from frame rail to frame rail.  It is an extreme mod, but gives full adjustability in ride height and handling.

Got new mid-eye springs yesterday. Drove the car (slowly) to a shop to talk about some other issues. I can't believe almost every detail of the work done at the last place I went has to be redone. I am debating taking the matter to court. All the work they did was low quality and has to be redone. To add to that, they took the car on a joyride and destroyed the transmission. A court will certainly rule in my favor, but collecting the money would be near impossible.

I know how you feel, I went through the same issue along time ago, eventually that company went bankrupt. litterly found him a year later being a manager at a company, I garnished his wages big time. but it was such a hassle. 

not to jack the thread but what happened with your build?

It can be very frustrating.  Your experience is common throughout the automotive repair industry.  Save yourself headaches and do the work yourself.    I was a mechanic for 8 years before going back to college.  Both at a GM dealership which included 2 years of formal GM training, and an independent garage.  I have an idea what goes on inside the repair industry.  If you have some mechanical skills do the work yourself.  Do some research and reading if you need to brush up or learn new information about the repair.  Most of the time you will still saving money even if you need to purchase a specialty tool.  And, I'll say this again, GET THE FACTORY SERVICE MANUALS FOR YOUR VEHICLES.

I have contemplated just welding a cross brace of sorts between the frame rails and drilling holes in the brace in the shock mount location and simply installing coil overs in the factory location but using the cross brace that I welded in as the support to take the load instead of the floor pan area....seems like it should work just fine doing that