Raven R code

Tires....wheels....and Big Blocks

post 19 from RPM . . thats buckey demon's car but for some unknown reason rpm thinks it's mine.

Um...oops! I suppose I saw Barnett's name in the quote and thought he was the poster. I can't even blame it on alcohol anymore. Sorry for the distraction.

post 19 from RPM . . thats buckey demon's car but for some unknown reason rpm thinks it's mine.

this being said, the fronts on buckey demons car are the 215 x 65-15's i mentioned . . if you use the 215 x 60 - 15's you first asked about, there will  be even more space between the tire and the fender which is why i suggested the slightly higher profile.

So....another question then. Would I run into problems if I get all 4 wheels and tires the same size? My thought is I would like to rotate the tires from front to rear based on the fact that the rears may have premature wearing problems....then again, that is not a bad problem ;)

Um...oops! I suppose I saw Barnett's name in the quote and thought he was the poster. I can't even blame it on alcohol anymore. Sorry for the distraction.

That's OK Bob, if that was the only kind of mistakes I made I would consider myself blessed. When I make a mistake it is usually a big one.  One that cost me money.

Dave

So....another question then. Would I run into problems if I get all 4 wheels and tires the same size? My thought is I would like to rotate the tires from front to rear based on the fact that the rears may have premature wearing problems....then again, that is a bad problem ;)

no, i use same size tires all around often . . this is how the factory's made around  five hundred million cars.

no, i use same size tires all around often . . this is how the factory's made around  five hundred million cars.

lol...I knew that. Just wanted to make sure about the fit on all corners before plunking down the coin. I know a lot of people put bigger in the rear....smaller in the front.

lol...I knew that. Just wanted to make sure about the fit on all corners before plunking down the coin. I know a lot of people put bigger in the rear....smaller in the front.

yeah i figuered as much but hey i just tried to answer the question, lol . . as far as fitment, the 215 x 65 - 15 will fit all around and newer hit when used with factory offset and factory width rims.

Thanks for all the answers !

Last question(I think).......suggestions where to get them? I was thinking about a package deal from one of the Mustang stores (CJPP or NPD). Are they made all the same way? I remember reading about paint issues.

Funny how 25 yrs ago I turned my nose up at Magnum 500's....now it's the classic look!

Last question(I think).......suggestions where to get them?  Are they made all the same way? I remember reading about paint issues.

from post 5

i only use wheels from specialty wheel . . you may be very unhappy if you use any others.

http://www.specialtywheel.com/product-showcase/ford.html

these guys used to carry them . . check the brand  they carry.

http://www.cal-mustang.com/

no, they are not all made exactly the same way nor are they all the same quality.

where are you located?

i would buy the tires so i have a warranty.