RPM

Is Midlife The Guy For Wiring Harness Rebuild?

Hell yes! Absolutely! My only real question is why didn't I send him my harness a couple of years ago?

After reading horror stories about the stock and aftermarket gauge ribbons, and having already veered off the stock rebuild path of my 69, I decided to use a Year One gauge bezel and Auto Meter gauges. I contemplated wiring the car from scratch.

Having heard good reviews of Midlife harness rebuilds, I emailed him. I explained my plans and what I would like done. He quickly replied back with options and recommendations. He told me how many folks were in line ahead of me, when he expected to get to mine and the cost.

I shipped my writing harness and gauge cluster of to Midlife. He notified me when he received it and that there were some issues with my pos(my words)harness. I really should have taken before pics as it was a joke. Many slices were merely bare twisted wires. Some has more than one splice the length of the wire. Most of the ignition switch wires had bare splices.

Randy contacted me every time there was an issue, and kept me up to date during the entire process until he shipped it back to me. I received my package today from Florida complete with instructions. One area of service which fell short is that Randy didn't personally deliver the harness and install it today :)

In today's world of crappy service I felt I owed it to Randy to let others know we have an honest, talented top shelf guy right here on our forum, who says what he does and does what he says.

Thanks again Randy,

Bob. A customer for life.

post-5441-0-43185300-1430538028.png

post-5441-0-57661500-1430538061.jpg

post-5441-0-57730600-1430538692.jpg

^^ +1

Except Randy did come to my place to personally replace a connector that was giving me issues on the underdash harness he had just refurbished, and to help a friend hunt down some electrical gremlins on his 69. Customer service at its best, right there.

I guess he likes me better. Or may be it's because we live 2 hours away from each others. ;-)

G

Hey Bob what's your opinion of the year one gauge bezel ??

It's so so. Over priced even when I got it on sale. When I looked a month or so ago it was discontinued. However it's nice folks are making more products for our cars.

I used Randy and am REALLY glad I did.  He provides great documentation back (I laminated and spiral bound mine), and he got every detail.  I got every original system working with my original harness.

You can't go wrong using him!