Sign in to follow this  
1969vert

heater core

Who makes the best heater core out there? I took my car for a spin and pop there it goes again...I have installed 3 in this car and want this to be the last....im not thrilled about tearing the dash back apart...just put pedals in it for a 4 speed and I want to drive it...oriellys will replace it but im looking for something that will last....

I did a bit of research recently and I went with Mustangs Plus. The one they sell is made in the USA and I figure there's a very good chance the quality will be better than made in China Shit.

A note about Scott Drake, IMHO some of the stuff they sell is decent/good and the rest is made in China Shit. So far on my latest build I am seeing a lot more non Chinese manufactured products and I'm very pleased about that.

I'm not an expert but is it possible that the heater core is blowing because you aren't using the factory elbow that goes in the intake?  I've heard this elbow has a restrictor to limit the flow of coolant to the heater core.

david

restictor???? might look into that... I was thinking pressure was blowing it..not flow but you got me thinking....heck i can build a restrictor ...

Looks like the boss uses a restictor and the small block dont..i still was thing pressure but my cap was dripping while on the test spin...got a new cap a few days ago...just have not put it on...the last few that i have removed always leaked at a joint or solder... I did blow one up in my other 69 with NOS... head gaskets leaked a little and had a 25lb cap...it was a balloon..

I deleted mine years ago, never use it and not worth the effort to replace. I did run the lines thru and back out the firewall though so it still looks stock in the engine bay. I don't like the look of it with a bypass hose. The control panel space converts into a nice little cubby hole as well for iPod, cell phone, what not.