Sign in to follow this  
J's69Mach1

Have u converted your clock to Quartz movement?

My original clock i sent in to have rebuilt. About 9 years ago. It worked for a little while and then It started acting up again shortly after that. The clock stops

,then i mess with that pull knob , it starts going again. Frustrating ! I even thought of just buying clock delete (mach 1). Have u converted to quartz and are u happy with it? Thanks Jaime

My original clock i sent in to have rebuilt. About 9 years ago. It worked for a little while and then It started acting up again shortly after that. The clock stops

,then i mess with that pull knob , it starts going again. Frustrating ! I even thought of just buying clock delete (mach 1). Have u converted to quartz and are u happy with it? Thanks Jaime

I converted the clock in my Cuda to quartz several years ago and have been happy with it. I think the same company (Omicron?) makes kits for many old clocks.

I have considered doing this for my 70 as well. It's a working movement but runs fast and doesn't seem to be slowing down after repeatedly rolling back the time.

I converted the clock in my Cuda to quartz several years ago and have been happy with it. I think the same company (Omicron?) makes kits for many old clocks.

I have considered doing this for my 70 as well. It's a working movement but runs fast and doesn't seem to be slowing down after repeatedly rolling back the time.

i have had many quaryz clocks and they work fin. the movement of the secind hand is smooth not like a ratchet like the orig. it is also perfectly quiet.

if you are handy, i would take yours apart. it might just be dirty or the points might need cleaning. i have cleaned and oiled several orig clocks sand they sill work.

i have had many quaryz clocks and they work fin. the movement of the secind hand is smooth not like a ratchet like the orig. it is also perfectly quiet.

if you are handy, i would take yours apart. it might just be dirty or the points might need cleaning. i have cleaned and oiled several orig clocks sand they sill work.

the speed is adjustable.

Where is the adjustment? I was told the clock would "self-adjust" from having the time set back a number of times. And agree on the ease of install. The kit I bought even came with a DVD to demonstrate the conversion process

the speed is adjustable.

Where is the adjustment? I was told the clock would "self-adjust" from having the time set back a number of times. And agree on the ease of install. The kit I bought even came with a DVD to demonstrate the conversion process

That stupid clock placement is one of my biggest gripes with the design. What in the world were they thinking when they decided to put it in a location the driver could not see? Only my passenger can see it, and keeps reminding me that I am late.

So I did a little creative work, and got one from a junkyard and improvised.

It mounts under the center visor block, above the mirror. You might also want to consider other options like this.

That stupid clock placement is one of my biggest gripes with the design. What in the world were they thinking when they decided to put it in a location the driver could not see? Only my passenger can see it, and keeps reminding me that I am late.

So I did a little creative work, and got one from a junkyard and improvised.

It mounts under the center visor block, above the mirror. You might also want to consider other options like this.

I'm actually considering taking my clock out and cutting an old bezel up and putting a TV in mine for my Son so he can watch Movies or Play games on it while he rides....he Loves to Cruise but hes so short he cant see over the dash so I have to get him a booster seat LOL but it does get boring for a kid.

I wear a Watch For time

I'm actually considering taking my clock out and cutting an old bezel up and putting a TV in mine for my Son so he can watch Movies or Play games on it while he rides....he Loves to Cruise but hes so short he cant see over the dash so I have to get him a booster seat LOL but it does get boring for a kid.

I wear a Watch For time

But, Danno, that's why they call it a Rally Clock. You're supposed to have your eyes glued to the road, driving like a maniac, while your navigator clocks the checkpoints and coaches you to that perfect time, :turned:. Of course you're right, it was more about style than substance. Personally, I just keep my cell phone on the center hump...

But, Danno, that's why they call it a Rally Clock. You're supposed to have your eyes glued to the road, driving like a maniac, while your navigator clocks the checkpoints and coaches you to that perfect time, :turned:. Of course you're right, it was more about style than substance. Personally, I just keep my cell phone on the center hump...

I wear a Watch For time

If you want to sell it im looking for one, lol.

Seriously.