Sign in to follow this  
juit

holley runing rich all the time

ok all i can suggest is that you try what i suggested or just leave it and get the right vacuum can . and try 1 jet smaller on your front main. .. if you leve it like this set your new vacuum can so it adds arounnd 12 degrees but you will be way down on power.

ok all i can suggest is that you try what i suggested or just leave it and get the right vacuum can . and try 1 jet smaller on your front main. .. if you leve it like this set your new vacuum can so it adds arounnd 12 degrees but you will be way down on power.

did you plug both vacuum ports on your vacuum can?

both ports must be plugged. . i hate those dual cans.

i will give you a simple answer . . i would like to see 14 at idle and a total of around 30 to 34 and i want it to reach total timing at 2800 to 3000 rpm. . this is a very common setting there is nothing unusual about it but we must first find out why you only have 24 degrees at 3000 rpm so you need to do my test if you want to.

heres a spring kit you can try but i would remove the loose spring first and test it.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-925d/all/make/ford

after testing it, instead of buying new springs or for a temporary time the other option is to bend the tab on your big loose spring inward slightly. they sare designed to be bent and there is actually a hole in the points plate that you use to stick a screw driver in to bend them if needed.

Edited by barnett468

did you plug both vacuum ports on your vacuum can?

both ports must be plugged. . i hate those dual cans.

i will give you a simple answer . . i would like to see 14 at idle and a total of around 30 to 34 and i want it to reach total timing at 2800 to 3000 rpm. . this is a very common setting there is nothing unusual about it but we must first find out why you only have 24 degrees at 3000 rpm so you need to do my test if you want to.

heres a spring kit you can try but i would remove the loose spring first and test it.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-925d/all/make/ford

after testing it, instead of buying new springs or for a temporary time the other option is to bend the tab on your big loose spring inward slightly. they sare designed to be bent and there is actually a hole in the points plate that you use to stick a screw driver in to bend them if needed.

Edited by barnett468

oh pleeeese just throw that #@#! thing in the trash. its complicated to explain but the rear port sucks it rearward when the engine is running and the front port is plugged which retards the timing. it is impossible to time your engine with that connected. That is for smog. you do not need it.

Edited by barnett468

oh pleeeese just throw that #@#! thing in the trash. its complicated to explain but the rear port sucks it rearward when the engine is running and the front port is plugged which retards the timing. it is impossible to time your engine with that connected. That is for smog. you do not need it.

Edited by barnett468

yes.

adjust the spring tab inward on the heavy/loose spring after you install the points plate after the test where you use the lite spring only. if there is no adjustment left than you can file the hole slightly larger

we need to find out why you have so little advance. running it with only 1 spring will help me determine that.

adjust_spring_tension.jpgnward.

Edited by barnett468