Sign in to follow this  
juit

holley runing rich all the time

Yes they are 54 stock, it says that 4 size up the carb could have something wrong in puere stock engines, the guy at holley told me that jetting is not an exact results , since i put a hi flo filter and have change the neck of my intake with a spacer, they told me also that 570 would be a lil over carbed cause with all my settings i need a 525 cfm carb because im not running my car at 6000 rpm all the time & not using 100% effcy of my engine with radical roller cams or performance heads

They have seen 302 with up to 8 jet sizes up and working great with the distributor mods that ive done to my engine

In winter im prolly going to run smaller jets than summer so they reccomend to keep a pair bigger in the glove box, and the 64 if i do a altitude variable trip

PS he was amazed with all the stuff ive learned here in this 2 weeks

Edited by juit

Hahaha naw, Having a blast of a time on tinkering my engine, whats wrong with that?

ive learned to recurve a distribuitor and tune my carbs with help from this thread than from everything I read on other forums, didnt settle on a sweet spoted carb results and dare to change it to see if i get better pep results

Also bumped my post count :)

058.jpg

Edited by juit

Hahaha naw, Having a blast of a time on tinkering my engine, whats wrong with that?

ive learned to recurve a distribuitor and tune my carbs with help from this thread than from everything I read on other forums, didnt settle on a sweet spoted carb results and dare to change it to see if i get better pep results

Also bumped my post count :)

058.jpg

OMG juit...I am so bleepin entertained right now that tears are rolling down my face from laughing so bleepin hard. Your post is hilarious.

Yes, the thread is hard to follow but I'm glad you did learn a lot and didn't give up and can now share that knowledge with others if needed.

Yeah, I think your post count went up by around 200 on this thread alone.

Hey juit...maybe you should start a thread on tire pressure next.

Edited by barnett468

Yes they are 54 stock, it says that 4 size up the carb could have something wrong in puere stock engines, the guy at holley told me that jetting is not an exact results , since i put a hi flo filter and have change the neck of my intake with a spacer, they told me also that 570 would be a lil over carbed cause with all my settings i need a 525 cfm carb because im not running my car at 6000 rpm all the time & not using 100% effcy of my engine with radical roller cams or performance heads

They have seen 302 with up to 8 jet sizes up and working great with the distributor mods that ive done to my engine

In winter im prolly going to run smaller jets than summer so they reccomend to keep a pair bigger in the glove box, and the 64 if i do a altitude variable trip

PS he was amazed with all the stuff ive learned here in this 2 weeks

their carb sizing info is misleading like most mfgs info is.

you typically need bigger jets in the winter not smaller ones.

Rule of thumb, the colder the air the more Fuel you can pack in with it which leads to more power.

Side story.... A guy I work with now has the fastest AWD Chevy trail blazer in the U.S., its packing a 6.0 with a roots style blower, full interior, no cage full trim.

He clicked off a 10.80 or something like that at 132 MPH...Was going to go to the track last week with the DA being -1600 which should have shaved a few tenths but track was closed...going tomorrow and temp should be around 60 with a DA of -1400 dropping to -2000 at 2am... he may go even faster.....

Heres the cool part....he drives it almost 2 hours to and from the track, but has my trailer on call if he breaks HAHA.

But there is a prime example of Temp on fuel useage Vs Power

Please dont my jets arrive tomorrow

lol ok but i think you could jet it without any help now but your thread is starting to get very entertaining and id sure hate to miss that however thanks to you im now having bad dreams because i cant get that image of batman out of my head..

Please dont my jets arrive tomorrow

lol ok but i think you could jet it without any help now but your thread is starting to get very entertaining and id sure hate to miss that however thanks to you im now having bad dreams because i cant get that image of batman out of my head..

Well i put the 58 jets and the carb is very responsive, burns tires at 3th gear im really digging it

1 thing i notice is the my vacum went up after taking the 64 jets

Is this normal? Also the idle had to lower it up cause i went to 1000 rpms

Havent hooked up the vac canister to the carb thats the only thing missing

Edited by juit