Sign in to follow this  
Rcodenewf

70 convert seat risers

I probably already know the answer to this but is there a specific 69/70 seat riser available for the convertible?

The one shipped to me is a dynacorn 3647YB and is quite a bit wider with a 90 degree bend in it to weld onto the inner rail of the fastback/coupe.

With the inner rocker of the convert the pan is that much too wide.

I'm thinking i'll do a reverse template of the passenger side pan which is original . The result will be cutting off a portion of the pan and folding rougly 1 1/2inches up to mate to the convert inner rocker.

I'm sure some of you have run into this ? Ideas?

Thanks...john

Yes there is one specific to fit. When I was researching the one piece convertible seat riser for my Mach One, I made a visit to NPD. They make three I believe one piece risers for 65-70 for sportsroof/coupe (part # 010672-1B) and convertibles (part # 010672-4A). The one you need is narrower than the sportsroof due to the inner rockers. Might vary based on where you bought it. I'd give the vendor a call to confirm.

Edit: Well, after reading latoracing's reply on vmf I could be mistaken. I measured them about a year and a half ago in person and my 58 yo, several concussions later brain remembers a different measurement for the conv seat riser. Sorry if I've confused the situation.

Bob

Edited by RPM

Ha..no problem Bob. As latoracing stated i really don't think now there is a separate seat riser for the 69/70 convert. I recalled seeing the one piece but that was for the earlier models.

I think it's time for a template of the passenger side which is original and i reused.

Thanks again,

John

I guess they stopped making them or something. When I did my sear riser, they had one specifically for a convertible and it looked exactly like mine but I decided to save the money and repaired my original.

Thanks John,

Good luck on yours. let me know if you have any questions.

69NC That's exactly what i had in mind. I looked through your pics of the modification. Good work on problem solving there.

Thanks again,

John

I guess they stopped making them or something. When I did my sear riser, they had one specifically for a convertible and it looked exactly like mine but I decided to save the money and repaired my original.

Well at least I haven't lost my entire mind. Thanks for confirming my memory Kris.

Bob

The one shipped to me is a dynacorn 3647YB and is quite a bit wider with a 90 degree bend in it to weld onto the inner rail of the fastback/coupe.

Ideas?

Thanks...john

So with out making this long winded, you DID receive part #3647YB ? I pulled out my Dynacorn catalog and that # is showing for a LH seat platform for coupe/fastback. Would you not be looking for a one piece seat platform for a convertable ? If that is the case you would need 3647YWT (only comes in weld through primer now) Even though it's listed for "65-'68 it should still fit a '69-'70. Hope I understand what you meant, if not forgive me.

Ok, so I had to make an order with Dynacorn and I asked him the ? regarding what you were wondering (I hope :) ) So he said yes the 3647YWT would fit your car, if you are looking for a one piece, but did say that he thinks that it sits a little higher that stock, it seems that is what most people want. Hope this may help some.

Edited by stangnet33
added info

Hello stangnet33: Yes, i knew that the one piece was available up to 68 and probably would have fit, albeit, a tad high. But, i already had fixed and installed the passenger side original riser and therefore had to go with the fastback/coupe original height individual riser for the drivers side.

The 69 / 70 did not come with a one piece seat riser.

I have this one modified and will post a few pics of what i did to correct it.

Thank you....

John