Sign in to follow this  
miketyler

Under hood light?

I bought a unit off of eBay and no mercury switch. PN is D0ZB-13796-A. My question still stands. Did Mach 1 cars come with this light? Maybe was part of convenience group or dealer added? What controlled the under hood light on these cars?

I was sure I had seen these installed under the hood of some Ford cars. But after I did a search sure enough, its not even close. Did Ford have under hood lights in 60-70 cars? The Osborn guide only shows on in a Cougar.

I would expect if they did it would look more like this one?

Edited by miketyler

Mustangs did not come with a hood light as far as I know. I went down this road before. I have a hood light that has a cougar part number and is a mercury switch, and it doesn't have any kind of shroud to it similar to a trunk light. The last one you show were dealer add-on lights.

Sorry to dig up this old thread but I found an old one in my garage.  I think it has part number D3A8 15702 AA on it.  Does anyone know if this is a Mustang under hood accessory light or maybe a Cougar or is it something else.  I've had it for so long (over 20 years) that I can't remember the details on where I got it but as I vaguely recall I thought it was an under hood light for a Mach 1 that was part of a décor or lighting group (but I could be totally wrong).

post-13748-0-17139300-1466202159.jpg

post-13748-0-63417700-1466202177.jpg

Like Brian said, D3A8 15702 AA would be a 1973 part. As mentioned earlier in the thread, Ford didn't offer underhood lights on '69 Mustangs. I would say you have a genuine Ford part but not for a '69-'70 Mustang.

Great info.  Thanks guys.  So, then this is a 1973 Ford part.  Any thoughts on how I can determine what the application was?  Maybe a Mustang, Thunderbird or Cougar underhood light?  Since its not for a 69 Mustang I think I'll sell it but it would be good to know what its for so I don't inadvertently misrepresent it.  TIA.