Sign in to follow this  
BandBSTANGS

9 inch traction lock

x2 on trutrac. I have the 8" version behind my 351w. I bought the assembled 3rd member from an e-bay guy. I believe his username starts with tj and he's out of PA. Great guy to work with and and good product so far...

i'd stay away from that one mate. They are the same people who brought us procomp engine parts. It's a cheap chinese copy of a real trutrac

+10

Here's a quote from just 1 of many "happy" Speedisaster differential owners.

"definatly procomp / sydney speed supplies & numerus ebay sellers, stay right away its all junk its all copied and its not made of what they say it is , i bought one of there torque worm lsd it looks like its was made in a shed with a grinder all internal gears have grinder marks , its just sitting on the shelf and will never be used, also the hex allen key bolts that hold it all together are not hardened they striped the centre out when i had it check out by a diif shop (Driveline Industries, Carrum Downs VIC 03 9785 1433), total junk and waist of my money, i will never buy anything cheap again, same old story you only get what you pay for."

Edited by barnett468

Its not just in the automotive industry, a lot of imported steel and stainless steel materials have poor physical properties compared to their equivalent US counterparts. Even though the compositions and the numbers representing physical properties are the same, the materials always seem both much more ductile or much more brittle than they should be.