Sign in to follow this  
69volunteer

69 Rocker Molding

Its a fastback. The molding is a good 4 inches wide (roughly). Seems like what I have seen for a 69 is thinner. This covers most of the rocker panel on the car wheel to wheel.

I have the clips and everything and am going to attempt to polish them out but I was considering trying to find some repops if they are cheap enough.

The trim on our Mach 1 is more of a triangle shape when viewed from the end, not flat like your picture.

Right. Mine's definitely not a Mach. Was there another trim option that would have included this wider molding?

Was that thinner, spear like molding Mach 1 only?

I had a set on a 1970 (look at my pictures)... You can see the molding..I think some cougars came with the same molding also..someone could have changed them out or it could have been a late produced car with some 70 stuff on it..

I had a set on a 1970 (look at my pictures)... You can see the molding..I think some cougars came with the same molding also..someone could have changed them out or it could have been a late produced car with some 70 stuff on it..

Interesting that you say that. I need to refresh my memory on the build date of this car. It also has bolt in windows. My aunt bought it in 1970 and someone backed into her driver door early 70s. I wasnt surprised to see the driver door with bolt in glass but was to see the passenger side.