Sign in to follow this  
frankpost

Mustang 69 S-Code from The Netherlands

Hi

Just registered (should have done that alot earlier :P ), and thought it would be nice to introduce myself a bit!

About a year ago I bought myself a 69 390FE S-Code, which just rolled out of the container over here in the Netherlands. The car was imported from Stockton CA, and had (=has) alot of work to be done. My first thought was just to get it on the road, and replace some parts over time. Well, it turned out a little different....

The bellhousing was broken in several pieces, the yoke was crooked and stuck in the transmission, 2 floorpanels looked like Swiss cheese, and the engine could use alot of love. Long story short: I took the whole car apart, and started rebuilding it from bottom.

Meanwhile the floorpanels are changed, the whole bottom is sanded and painted, the engine bay is sanded and painted, the interior is sanded and painted, a different, completely revised, 390FE engine is ready to be tugged in, and about 3 weeks ago I've got it back from the painter.

Lately I'm busy putting it all back together again. Still a lot has to be done. The complete interior has to be (re)placed, and the engine bay needs to be filled again!

some random pictures of the project:

SAM_0139.jpg

sam0104j.jpg

SAM_0732.jpg

SAM_1114_zps51fa9275.jpg

SAM_1119_zps358ad639.jpg

DSC_0726_zps5c419353.jpg

DSC_0775_zps6dfb508e.jpg

SAM_1410_zpsd427fc0c.jpg

SAM_1412_zpse676e02c.jpg

SAM_1407_zps9374fbd0.jpg

SAM_1446_zps5f13f447.jpg

SAM_1453_zpsdca82f98.jpg

SAM_1459_zps65684c62.jpg

regards

Frank

Welcome Frank, and very nice work. The hood blackout area looks green in one pic and matte black in another, is it black? Hidden damage ids fun eh? It sounds like you were unaware of it, did the seller disclose the damages?

Bob

the hood blackout is matte black, probably the light making it look greenish I guess.

I did know it had some work, but the broken bellhousing and transmission was a surprise though. Still not sure what happened, the transmission mounting plate was broken, the bellhousing, and the yoke was completely crooked. It looks like the whole axle was pushed forwards.

I'll keep posting progress pics here

cheers

Frank

thanks for the nice replies! :)

a small update:

installed the other tail light (I only installed the left one a while ago because the lack of proper bolts)

SAM_1527_zpse41e6b3d.jpg

installed the wiper system again

frankstang003_zpsa3a654cb.jpg

SAM_1532_zpsb0e3c149.jpg

Stuck some isolation material to the roof and inside the gaps above the rear tires (on the inside of the panels where the side scoops are located)

SAM_1535_zpse1344b96.jpg

SAM_1537_zpsb635af86.jpg

Installed the engine which was a really tight fit because of the longtube headers. Had to be creative with a hammer a bit to make it fit :censored:

SAM_1530_zps7820efbc.jpg

also cleaned, sanded and painted some seperate parts.

SAM_1539_zpsff8d99bb.jpg

SAM_1540_zps2af951d2.jpg

cheers

Frank

thanks for the nice replies! :)

a small update:

installed the other tail light (I only installed the left one a while ago because the lack of proper bolts)

SAM_1527_zpse41e6b3d.jpg

installed the wiper system again

frankstang003_zpsa3a654cb.jpg

SAM_1532_zpsb0e3c149.jpg

Stuck some isolation material to the roof and inside the gaps above the rear tires (on the inside of the panels where the side scoops are located)

SAM_1535_zpse1344b96.jpg

SAM_1537_zpsb635af86.jpg

Installed the engine which was a really tight fit because of the longtube headers. Had to be creative with a hammer a bit to make it fit :censored:

SAM_1530_zps7820efbc.jpg

also cleaned, sanded and painted some seperate parts.

SAM_1539_zpsff8d99bb.jpg

SAM_1540_zps2af951d2.jpg

cheers

Frank