wont block my stock lighter "future vintage AC option"

hold Iphone with usb charging station

here are some pics of the 50% progress:

IMG_3031_zps0206fbd0.jpg

IMG_3030_zpsbbb8c359.jpg

IMG_43481_zps88317b84.jpg

IMG_43491_zps2cf165fa.jpg

Edited by juit

Anyone see the show "Are You Faster Than A Red Neck"? I saw a console just like that in one of their episodes. Can't remember which car it was on, though. You gonna stain it or cover it with material?

Anyone see the show "Are You Faster Than A Red Neck"? I saw a console just like that in one of their episodes. Can't remember which car it was on, though. You gonna stain it or cover it with material?

gonna be a surprise :tt1:

I think its going to be finished this sunday

Here's the one I built for my Torino. It was my first attempt but learned a few things in the process. One of the things I chose to do was go with European style cabinet hinges instead of the typical piano style hinge for the lid/armrest. Just gives it a cleaner finished I think and the lid stands open on it's own unlike with piano hinges, you have to hold the lid open.

The wife did the gray stitching for me.

All-in-all I thought it was a pretty fun project....Aside from accidentally drilling into my finger.

The majority of it is built out of 1/2" MDF. I used a router and a round over bit to round off the top, front and rear edges of the sides. For the curved top panel in the very front I used quarter round to bend to follow the curve and then used 1/4" luan to cover it it because of it's pliability it's able to bend without cracking or breaking. I also added accent stitching along the leading edge of the cup holder and iPod docking areas.

If the government wanted you to see the pics they would've sent them to you :-). The government has a badge and is here to help :-) muahahahahah
Like..Hey shouldnt you guys be working..Hello:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Like..Hey shouldnt you guys be working..Hello:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You know, when you spend 1 year in the desert, working your @ss off every single day, 365 days in a row, well, once you get back home, they give you a little slack because they know they are sending you out again next year! :biggrin:

Nothing wrong with this, IMO.

Edited by Guillaume69