Sign in to follow this  
Mr.CNC

Hood scoop questions

What the the differences between a Boss 302 and Boss 429 hood scoop? Any one have a picture of a car with the larger 5" after market boss scoop on a car?

I have a stang II suspension and a 460 with a tall intake and dominator carb. It currently hits my Boss 302 scoop.

Unless I'm mistaken I believe that an original standard scoop does say BOSS V or something like that on the underside which can be confusing.

If anything sticking out of a hood won't clear a 429 scoop then it's time to add a blower and showcase that puppy!

Sorry I thought the 302 had the scoops as well. Mine has a ford number on it I thought it was a 302 scoop. So I AM back to the same issue. May need to find a different intake....... Wish it came with a blower hooked to it.

Still trying to find some pictures of the bigger scoop

Unless I'm mistaken I believe that an original standard scoop does say BOSS V or something like that on the underside which can be confusing.

It does say SHORT BOSS "V" on the underside. Just looked at one I'm repairing.

MrCNC: Known as the CobraJet scoop.

LOL....what's the point of having a front spoiler when you have a four wheel drive suspension goin on?

I would guess he likes the appearance? The car has everything else the wing and rear window slats too. Probably just likes the looks....not worried as much about function.

Yeah my scoop looks just the BOSS 429. I have a mach 1 type that ran on one of my other cars. With my intake and carb and adapter minus the nitrous plate the carb hits the hood scoop. I don't think the 5 inch scoop would look right on a coupe. I may have to get a different carb.

Any one looking for a 750 dominator?

That is the scoop I have. I love the looks just need a bigger one to clear my motor and carb set up. Or I will have to swap out carb and intake. $$$$$$

Did you check out the one in the link I posted?

Sorry I missed that. Thanks! I think it looked pretty good when it was all painted. almost the same set up as what I am doing. I feel a little bit better about it just doing a scoop.